WZA Contest: Zombiebuster

@doom - hmmm......:roll: runs on zombies... burns their bodies and is used for fuel.... lol, right above engine...thats it runs on zombie blood :D and muscle

@Dr.Feelgood - you know man it does look better with fan blades...:D nd to read that hing you sent have nt checked it out properly yet lol

Here is the fan fixed, and runs more along my sketch now, restarted bars on window, made two high pressure air cannons, used for launching projectiles such as grenades, rpg's, knives, hell the paper boy could use it , for all the cowards who stay in their houses...during the zombie invasion

Attachments

WOW, your car has grown teeth, i like. Nice to see some of you original artwork being implemented into your work. top notch stuff there. keep it up

Since you have all the slicin' 'n' dicin' happening where the engine should be, why not put the engine in the back? Sorta, half in the tray, half in the cabin? Just a thought, but it looks hawt none-the-less ;)

the engine is done, well the engine cover, will go back and do the engine when I m doin interior.... here it is, one pic with the mesh guard and one without it. btw the engine is not supposed to be accurate.. I changed it a bit since it is a concept

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Nice updates, both latest and previous !

I really like the rivets, and the mortars.

Two little critics :
- The rotor blades should be more inclined, to let more easily things enter. And with things, I mean undead meat, of course :grin:
- The vertical blades should be push forward a bit, because where the bar goes through them, their edge is too close to the bar. I'm not sure I'm clean, but pushing it forward will make them more efficient to slice I think.

Keep us updated !

thanks man, Ive changed the angle of the fan blades a bit, about the vertical blades, they are as forward as they can go, any more and they stick out from the car, so I moved the bar back a fraction, but cant go anymore as it will then intersect with the tyres :grin: I also changed the angle of the swords , added a fuel tank, and the flamethrower liquid containers.
Ps i hope I can render this, as the car excluding character and gun is over 700k polies

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Nice update, all the issues are now OK. It's nice to see you care about what is written, and amazing to see how fast you did. Keep it up that way !

Looking very good right now , i really can't wait to see materials on this car , but i have only one question , don't you think that the metal grid on th windshield is a little too thick , i mean , the space of the windshield is already small , how would the driver be able to see what's in front of him ?
But that's all , i think everything else looks great .

@ tom - thanks, well that is the point of crits isn't it, read an learn from mistakes people have pointed out. About the speed, I have a tendancy to forget things if I put them off, so the crits remain first priority :D

@ Nitro-X - thanks man, ah materials the fun part :D :D :D well, I will get modelling done with so I dont get all wrapped up in rendering. leave the best till last - I have tried to make the windshield thinner,,, but I liked thick bars... maybe I could make a camera or something.. with a tv showing it inside

anyways I have mounted the gun, added a few minor details onto it, now I need to desing the rear... its probably the weakest part right now.

Attachments

thanks man,,, small update, worked on the rear bumper, I have two options here and don't know which one, one with blades as protection, and another with dual particle beams, although the beam didnt work out great as you can see

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
What I meant about "you take care of my input quickly" is that it may me (and any other one commenting your work, by the way) think that my comment was read and appreciated. You're right to do that way, because it will cause more people to comment your work. And that's good for you, of course.

About your last 2 updates, you're really doing well. You made the car really massive, really impressive. Too bad zombies can be impressed, but hey, at least it's good for your chances to win the contest ;)

About what to do with the rear, the second version is really more original, and you should keep it IMHO. But maybe not as a weapon but as a propulsive device. Rocket powered bigfoot !

ah got ya. thanks. yea Im going to go with that sort of device, a propulsion device perhaps, but im going to make something a bit like it but runs along with the lines of this pick up, the big thing looks like a big exhaust, so I have an idea, and will excute it in the near future, probably not today, weekend is coming to an end which means school again oh fun :p

I don't like the rear bull-bar... It's bland and boring and doesn't have an impact like the rest of the car!! Lovin' the jet-turbines though!! *glances at signature* :p

lol, :D, I m not going with the turbo booster thing, don't like the way it looks or the functions of it, anyways not enough storage for fuel :p but I started on the interior whilst my mind pondered for rear bumper ideas.... Im not doing a detailed interior, as Im not planning on an interior render

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Nice to see you're going for an interior on this one. Not so much to critic on so far, so I'll stay tuned for more progress.

About what to do with the rear end of the car, I trust you : you already proved yourself capable of making excellent things. Just keep it up that way !