Volvo Amazon 1962

tomsullivan said:
nice Palat,

now you just need to pimp it out, put some 50inch rims on it, chrome the crap out of it, neons, you know the lot, just to piss flash off :)
Why you little rascal! I'm gonna ban you for a day :p

FlashG said:
tomsullivan said:
nice Palat,

now you just need to pimp it out, put some 50inch rims on it, chrome the crap out of it, neons, you know the lot, just to piss flash off :)
Why you little rascal! I'm gonna ban you for a day :p

LOL, why am i not surprised flash responded right away? :)

Thanks folks!

I would not dare pretend to make it look better than the original.

What i did was a retro custom, and if many approved the 3-tone idea, i added a chrome strip and created the second color on the body. It now looks even more like a 56 DeSoto, and surprisingly FlashG seems eager to see the result, so here's in a couple of color options. Mapping the 2tone was a tiresome issue so i ended up doing my customary cutting out the second color part.

Well, off to the next project! 1967 Ford Galaxie.

I like the second one, would be great to see like that in real life aswell. All I can say, bloody great job once again. I wish you luck for next project. It sure is great car aswell :)

dude, your models are awesome.. every time you manage to pull another one.. i like how you did the 3 tone colors on this one.. i especially like the 2nd color option.. very sweet

It was especially interesting to follow how you went from a completely stock car to a radically customized version. Great job!

That really looks attractive the way you customized the car! the 3 tone is a very good way to show it off especially the second color. I like the first color too. always good to have variety. 67 Galaxie is a great choice loved the coke bottle curves on that one....I am sure I will like what you produce. are you going to do a sport roof, sedan and convertible? I have some Crits for your 66 Galaxie form your site. one of my favorites ( I have so many I like) is that a work in progress? the front headlamps is too round on top.... will you post that one here too? I love the 66 7litre convertibles.

sarN

as everyone else said, that blue black white combo is killer. i love the V on the wheels too. its funny, back then they would cover up the back wheel, but today thats blasphemy since everyone tries to make the wheels as noticeable as possible

Thanks FlashG, Audipower, mpfive, Masakari987, nb, LOST!

*RedStar* - i did a 56 Roadmaster, check it in my gallery: http://www.palat.com.br/images/buick/sup56b.jpg
http://www.palat.com.br/images/buick/sup56a.jpg

PunkGuy - well i want the treading to show up in the renders so i gave them a little overshine...

tiberius - i will check the headlights, thanks for pointing it out. The model is a Brazilian Galaxie, made here from 1967 on, only in 4-door sedan configuration. It is more or less finished but i will display the wip process soon.

SarN - I love fender skirts, but they do make the car look heavier. I guess nowadays, with so many sculpter rims, people want to emphasize them.

I saw some ref photos of one from 74 which was still using the shape of the 66. there were some slight differences from the us version so I was not sure exactly the differences between the U.S. and Brasilian versions just from what I saw the top of the windshield chrome looked odd, and I could not see the shape of the body toward the rear door. this year they started to go towards the coke bottle shapes but had distinct body lines. I have the crestline U.S. ford book if you want any ref shots. the rear tail lights looked too big, since they went from a more rectangular upright lens on the 65's to more square on the 66. they must have exported the dies for the 66 and used them for the 67's down there. I checked again I was mixing up the 65 headlight bezel with the 66,and shading around the top of the windshield of your model made it look different than my ref pics.

Don't worry Tiberius, i will shortly post the Galaxie along with a link to Brazilian-made Galaxies. And yes, the taillights were that square.