Volkswagen Caddy MK1 DUB-Edition

!NerVouS!

Hi guys,

i wanna show you my new current project of a VW Caddy MK1 with westmoreland front in DUB-Style. I know the most people think "ok it's a Golf MK1 with a big cargo area" but this is not real. Some minor differences between these two cars, especially the front doors. Whatever....here is the progress bevor I will go to the weekend, hope you like it.

Attachments

!NerVouS!

Next update, the wheels were a little bit to small and I fixed it. I began the model of the cargro area and some details of the roof gutters. Hope you like it, cheers!

Attachments

sh00ks

Nice!

I was wondering: the transcition from side panel the wheel arc (wip6.jpg) seems to be distorted. Is this a mesh issue or did you do this on purpose (when rolling out a body panel, the steel warps like in the picture)?

!NerVouS!

Shooks this is one big issue with Solidworks, in real there is a nice and smooth radii. When I try to render this section, Solidworks create that distorted looking surface :-(
See the enclosed picture, you will see a clean spline !?

Attachments

!NerVouS!

Hmm, in Solidworks is a complete different method from C4d or 3Ds max to create a surface model, especially no polywork. I will find a way to eliminate this mistake. Many thanks for the critiques!

sh00ks

I'm not familiair with Solidworks, but is sounds like a big setback in modeling with these 'faults' and the needed time to repair them.
Is there a specific reason why you model in Solidworks instead of Max/Maya/C4D?

!NerVouS!

I am a mechanical engineer, and my daily work is Solidworks. If you try to find some good car models for this type of software, it's really hard to find some good models. For me is a aspiration to create my models with Solidworks, especially because the most people they using Solidworks not qualified to create these type of models ;-)