Ugly Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary

jalopy madness
yep old one is better looking for sure... as usual i like more abot late 80's and early 90's design.

though original RT/10 is only good looking viper so far.

Convertibles have never appealed to me for some reason. It might be the lower rigidity compared to hard-tops, but I really think it's because they look sort of...incomplete. At any rate, no Viper holds a candle to...THE SUZUKI SWIFT!!!

Slavvy said:
Convertibles have never appealed to me for some reason. It might be the lower rigidity compared to hard-tops, but I really think it's because they look sort of...incomplete. At any rate, no Viper holds a candle to...THE SUZUKI SWIFT!!!

Yeah! That liitle thing has 101bhp! Very economical and sporty, at the same time. ;)

The ugly Viper is beaten by a car that cost roughly 13,000. Way to go Dodge. :D

Ah, you ask a good question! Well I could argue the merits of a Suzuki Swift over the Dodge Viper all day. For example, the viper may have power and torque but the swift has...cunning!

Slavvy said:
Ah, you ask a good question! Well I could argue the merits of a Suzuki Swift over the Dodge Viper all day. For example, the viper may have power and torque but the swift has...cunning!
And I could argue the merits of the Viper over the Swift. Like a Viper could crush that little swift like a tin can, but what would be the point either way. You're talking about two completely different car classes and it doesn't do much good to try and compare to classes that different, now does it?

Dodge Viper vs. Suzuki Swift?...

Price: Swift (quite a bit cheaper, could buy a half dozen or so for the price of one Viper)
Coolness factor: Viper (more distinctive than the Swift)
Functionality: Swift (Can seat four, etc.)
Efficiency: Swift (much smaller engine)
Exclusivity: Viper (inverse function of price)
Tight course on flat lot (basically some traffic cones on a parking lot): Swift (shorter wheel base & not overpowered)
Normal course with some straights: Viper
Oval track: Viper
Drag strip: Viper
Insurance cost: Swift (much cheaper and more common to begin with)
Attract attention: Viper

Well if we're taking this seriously all of a sudden lol, I guess I have to add that the Swift has better performance than the Viper in the wet ie it can STEER in the wet, and the build quality is probably higher. I know that last bit will make you americans out there angry but as much as I hate to admit it it's quite true.

Zachary

jalopy madness
:grin:

how about Skyline R32 GT-R vs. Suzuki Swift?...

Price: Skyline (bit cheaper than Swift)
Coolness factor: Skyline (it's simply beautifull, comes with race car look as stock.)
Functionality: Skyline (Can seat four, etc.)
Efficiency: Swift (much smaller engine)
Exclusivity: hhm...
Tight course on flat lot: Skyline (4 wheel steering, 4 wheel drive. overall it handles lot better than Swift.)
Normal course with some straights: Skyline
Oval track: Skyline
Drag strip: Skyline
Insurance cost: - (same for both cars.)
Attract attention: Skyline

GaS said:
Zachary said:
Tight course on flat lot: Skyline (4 wheel steering, 4 wheel drive. overall it handles lot better than Swift.)
What do you mean by THAT? :?
The back wheels turn also? xD
The rear wheels steer just enough to make the car handle better, helps cornering a lot. All controlled by the computers in the car. ;)

Zachary

jalopy madness
Vette Boss said:
GaS said:
Zachary said:
What do you mean by THAT? :?
The back wheels turn also? xD
The rear wheels steer just enough to make the car handle better, helps cornering a lot. All controlled by the computers in the car. ;)
yep that's right. btw R32 GT-R's rear wheels turns only 1 degree @ max, but it is enough to eliminate understeer.

Well with our glorious hero, the Suzuki Swift, crushed beneath the treads of the Skyline R32, we are left with the inevitable comparison: Skyline R-32 vs Dodge Viper SRT-10

Price: Skyline R32
Coolness: Dodge Viper
Functionality:Skyline
Efficiency: Skyline
Exclusivity: Viper
Cone Course: Skyline
Racetrack: Skyline
Oval: Viper
Drag Strip: Skyline for quarter mile (I think), Viper for a full mile
Maximum Speed: Viper
Insurance Cost: Skyline
Attracting Attention: Viper