Sydney Tribute Project

Thanks for the criticism guys, I will definitely address those soon.

Meanwhile, here's what I got done today. Modeled an intercooler for more detail, but I'm gonna go back and make a second version for some added variance. Also working on the headlight materials, which don't look really good at the moment :\ I'm quite happy with how the tires are looking right now though, what do you think? I could probably add some dirt to it.

Attachments

Falango

Tires are looking nice! I might reduce the strength of the spec, just a touch. The highlights are getting quite white.

You're getting close to done! The cityscape is looking absolutely great! I'm still eager to start on my project of modeling downtown Vancouver. I have a couple other projects that need to wrap up first though, so it's still a ways away. This project still drives me to do mine! Great work :)

PS: I think you forgot to hide a shrub in the background :p

Decided to switch to VrayEnvironmentFog effect instead of zdepth, which gives the scene so much more life. Longer render times, but it's worth it. I have some issues to work around still, such as the bright spots. I could check-mark the sub-mapping box but that would ruin the highlights of the trees and cars. I haven't found a way to control the specular highlights yet, might have something to do with the materials or the sun being too intense. A higher resolution image could fix it, but I kinda like/dislike the effect.
169.jpg

Falango

I'm gonna lean towards your sun being too intense, because your spec on the brick, cars, railing, and bridge, are very intense. The spec artifacts you are getting on the bridge gives this away. There's no falloff in the spec, so it's too intense. I think your environment contribution is working really well, maybe could use a bit more bounce. Some spots around the wheels and bottom of the cars are getting very black.

The shader on your spherical lights behind the car needs a bit of work. There's no refraction element, and the reflection around the glancing sides (near the edges) isn't quite right. Have a look at some hollow glass balls, or round vases as well for an idea. You also need to increase your refraction rays because those spherical lights aren't giving you a transparent shadow on the ground either.

I can't say I really have any gripes about the background. It looks stunning! Your trees are reacting to light quite good (trees are really tough), and your atmosphere effect is working pretty good. I'd think the water reflections would be a bit sharper with how calm the water is. I'd either sharpen up the reflections a touch, or add a bit more noise to the water movement.

You're getting close! I'm loving the progress on this. Awesome job Advan!

Thanks helicase, it will look even better in the final.

Here's another render. I need to work on the water, ground, and some background objects. I've basically been going back and retweaking the materials and lighting. The overall feel of the render is too dark for me, so that needs work. I seriously love the light around the RX7's wheels, AMIRYTE?!

Attachments

helicase

Thanks helicase, it will look even better in the final.

Here's another render. I need to work on the water, ground, and some background objects. I've basically been going back and retweaking the materials and lighting. The overall feel of the render is too dark for me, so that needs work. I seriously love the light around the RX7's wheels, AMIRYTE?!
With all the detail going on, I can look at this for a very long time . The only small thing I noticed was the right car isn't fully planted to the ground, but that's nothing really. Good to see your projects on here again!

Thanks, I too like to stare at my renders for a long time haha. Yeah, I need to fix that still. My schedule this upcoming semester gives me a bit more free time so I might actually finish soon, and I mean it this time lol.

Lots of updates and minor tweaks, but for the most part - added wipers, mapped the windows, changed wheels on the red S13, and fixed the sideskirts and hood on the FC. I think that does it as far as the cars go, I just need to tweak the glass on some of the cars a bit more. Not sure if I want to do rear shots though.

Attachments

helicase

Thanks, I too like to stare at my renders for a long time haha. Yeah, I need to fix that still. My schedule this upcoming semester gives me a bit more free time so I might actually finish soon, and I mean it this time lol.

Lots of updates and minor tweaks, but for the most part - added wipers, mapped the windows, changed wheels on the red S13, and fixed the sideskirts and hood on the FC. I think that does it as far as the cars go, I just need to tweak the glass on some of the cars a bit more. Not sure if I want to do rear shots though.
The car on the right looks good with that dark red paint and the clear sky env map. The wipers make a pretty big difference for the realism, you added some good detail on them too.
You can take time off and graduate on time still? Thats pretty cool!

Oscar J

Looks pretty great. Looking forward to some big renders. With all those details, you should be able to do a whole variety of shots.