Sydney Tribute Project

Thank you all!

Alright, redoing one last building - I promise! I found this building especially difficult to model in the beginning and ended up half-assing it. As you can see, it's much more detailed and accurate, and it will continue to be more detailed. Secondly, I'm going to rework the window material and should definitely make a big difference. I realize now that staring straight through a window would never be 100% transparent unless something is there to block reflections with exception to the balcony glass. duh? Anyway, next update will have all buildings fully textured so I don't bore you with small updates.

Attachments

Falango

So Advan, you've inspired me to eventually do a 3D model of downtown Vancouver, BC. Been here all 28 years of my life, it's such a beautiful city, it's time it gets a little 3D treatment :)

I got a few more important projects on the go right now though, so I don't see this really getting started until probably next summer. Definitely something that is on my list though!

Falango

The water could use a bit more high frequency details in the foreground. That can be easily solved with a bump map on whatever you already have existing for the water.

Glad I've inspired you, Falango :)

Still working hard on this, I'm getting used to college now so I'm getting back into this project again. I've reworked a lot of things and plan on adding more detail to the bottom.

Attachments

So I decided that making the bridge straight wasn't good enough, so to make it more accurate I attempted to make it curved. Blue parts done in about 5 hours. If you're interested in how I did it, I basically created a spline and used the spacing tool to create copies along a path. I set the spacing tool to be instanced so I was able to add stuff and have them update right away. That's why you see some floating parts, which is the only part I need to edit. I have to weld some spots but they don't look noticeable on the render. More details to come...

Attachments