Suggest a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since i am turning soon 18 :grin: , i will buy a car, but i can dicide what kind of car to buy. Only few things i know what the cars will have to have and the price. Price is up to 3000euros. Year 1995-2006 and 2door... So i diceded to ask here for a litlle help. And what do you think of these cars:
1996 Mazda MX-3
1998 Ford Puma
1997 Toyota Paseo
I think that in this forum are people who know a lot about cars :roll:

Thank you in advence;)

Quite seriously mate, it's whatever you're comfortable with driving...You're the one that has to live with the thing once you've bought it!! Don't worry about style or class for a first car. What you're looking for is fuel economy, safety and reliability. Down the track when you're in a proper job, that's when you start worrying about the other things, but for a first car man, just stick with the basics :)

are those 3000€ bone for the car or with everything as with insurance ect.?

in germany you could get far with 3k€ for a used car but i'm not sure how the situation is in Latvia...

also it depends on what you want. if you would like a small car with 100hp or something like that it could be easy to manage. but driving fast isn't the best thing for a beginner (imo, i'm actually glad i 'only' have a ~50hp ford fiesta, nice for cruising but you can't drive fast with it)

of course a fast car is more fun. you'll just have to sit back and think about it, what do i want? and how far can i get with that 3000€ i got? see some local dealers ect :) don't rush your decision or do what other people tell you to do!

I wont buy the car in Latvia :D I will go with my cousin to Germany. The most important thing for me taht the car is has to be 2-door. Why?? because i am very tall and in 4-door cars my legs hit the steering wheel, because the front seat dosent go that far as it dose in 2door. And 2 thing is economy. About dealers in Latvia, they are just nuts, because almost every car about 1996 cost 2k more the in germany.... And another qestion, do you know a site, about car offers like in mobile.de and autoscaut.de???

If you're tall, then a Ford Puma is going to be too small for you. Also, you can't find a better site than mobile.de, I think it's the best auto advertisement site in all of Europe.
And well, for 3000€ you could even get a decent Porsche 924 in Germany, or some sporty older BMW. It probably won't be that practical, but hey...

If you're tall, then a Ford Puma is going to be too small for you. Also, you can't find a better site than mobile.de, I think it's the best auto advertisement site in all of Europe.
And well, for 3000€ you could even get a decent Porsche 924 in Germany, or some sporty older BMW. It probably won't be that practical, but hey...

Really ? A decent Porsche 924 is only cost 3000 Eu ? You are so lucky...:eek:

==================
don't dig up old topics
==================

http://www.smcars.net/forums/announcements/21204-forum-rules.html

Status
Not open for further replies.