SR-71A Blackbird

Very impressive. I like the contrast between the hard and soft surfaces, really makes them pop with the magic shader applied. I see that you are using some geo in smooth preview and others not. Whats your criteria for deciding, and what issues have you had with nickling? I ask because I have a tendency to model everything for the 3 key.

outstanding nonetheless.

raduteo

Super Moderator
Man, 20th is like 3 days from now... did you leave it in between, I hope not!!! Please post the updates, if you are still working.
It'll be a sin to leave such a detailed work without completing it..!

~SamIAm

The complete RSO Cockpit will be posted before the 20th as mentioned, I never leave a project unfinished, especially one with so much time and effort invested in it.

What method did you use to create the non-uniform upholstery?
Create the basemesh in maya, transfer it to Zbrush and sculpt it, eventually retopologize it if the polyflow is too messy.

hey man have you ever been a pilot?? how could you know that accurate details?? well done really amazing job..
Haha.. I wish. Like everything you do you need to study it thoroughly and gather as much reference as possible, in this case it took me about a week to gather almost all the pictures and documents I need, all available on the net.

awesome work! wanna see pre - render))
No renders untill everything is finished, I don't like to waste time.

Very impressive. I like the contrast between the hard and soft surfaces, really makes them pop with the magic shader applied. I see that you are using some geo in smooth preview and others not. Whats your criteria for deciding, and what issues have you had with nickling? I ask because I have a tendency to model everything for the 3 key.

outstanding nonetheless.
Thank you, there is no smooth preview in Zbrush (where the screencaps are taken, see first post for reason) but some geometry is collapsed and detailed while some more simple parts are not but when subdivided the collapsed meshes are smoothed even more while the uncollapsed meshes are still faceted.

fantastic job, where did you get all the ref. is rthe plane in your living ?
Cheers.
Robert
Not yet but I have setup a charity fund where you can donate to me so I can buy one..xD

everyone has said it all, excellent work would love to see some wires if you don't mind
Thank you, wires will be posted with the next update.

I thought you hacked into some defence database and gotten a hold of the CAD files. That is some insane detail, can't wait for the rest!
Thank you very much!

The last cockpit is due to be posted in afew days, I'm working on the canopy now, thanks to everybody.

raduteo

Super Moderator
As promised the cockpits are done, now the fun starts..

Attachments

raduteo

Super Moderator
Thank you all very much.. the polycount hovers around 3 million as it stands. The next process is to continue building the main shape of the body, unwrap it and texture it using the blueprint so I can start cutting and detailing the panels but that's after I cross-check the blueprint with the reference photos to make sure the panels are correctly placed on the blueprint.

Thanks.