SMCars News Letter 16th of May 2007

Welcome all, this new letter is just going to be a quick one, mainly on the things happening around SMCARS.

Firstly for all those people wondering way some of the pictures, and things like the post time doesn’t come up, don’t worry about it, we are in the middle of making a new skin for the site, so there is really no need to fix something that will be changed soon.

Secondly, the mods and admin will be cracking down on the rules of this site, you might have see the amount of spam we are getting, we are working on way to cull all the spam, but in the mean time any spam will be deleted and user banned, 99% of these post are done by bots so most of you don’t need to worry about it, but just don’t post ad's or useless post it doesn’t help. We will also not tolerate any wares or illegal talk, but you guys already know this right.

And thirdly, this is the big one; most of you will not be affected by this. But because of this recent increase of spam we have a lot of members with 0 post who are just bots, so once we get everything sorted out with the skin, we will be culling all members with 0 posts.
This might ban some users that are not bots but really there are only 3 kinds of people who have 0 posts
1/ are the bots we deleted their one post and I always forget to ban them.
2/ people who just used this site once for a blueprint then never visited again
3/ the people who just use this site and don’t contribute to it.
So If you don’t want to be banned post some work!

And to bring this letter to an end. I have to thank some of the member of SMCARS, who are always donating blueprints to this site.
So we all have to thank member like ssexton and tiberius, there are more but I am in a rush, but SMCARS would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this site!

Thanks
SMCARS Team

Ps, I know, there are no pretty pictures this letter, but I am in a rush sorry, just head over to the WIP section and get your fill.

Delete zero posters ...

I am one of those guys ... check everyday and get the latest blue prints ..

Guess I better get off my duff and create some blueprints so I can hang around with you guys.

Not much of a guy that posts a lot, move of a hang around in the weeds and watch ... bu tthat cool I will do my best .... ;)

actually its untrue,if you use a program like siteripper and a few others,it rips every single picture from an url you imput. so its not stoppable but then they have to sort through thousands upon thousands of pics,done so myself on another site.

Glad to see you guys are working on the spam bot problem. Ever since the site was hacked it seems like the number of spam posts went up. It's been getting pretty annoying.

Zachary

jalopy madness
actually its untrue,if you use a program like siteripper and a few others,it rips every single picture from an url you imput. so its not stoppable but then they have to sort through thousands upon thousands of pics,done so myself on another site.

well those web spiders are stoppable, just one simple file is needed in "root" of site and it eliminates any of those rippers. ;)

I am one of those guys ... check everyday and get the latest blue prints ..

Guess I better get off my duff and create some blueprints so I can hang around with you guys.

Not much of a guy that posts a lot, move of a hang around in the weeds and watch ... bu tthat cool I will do my best .... ;)
Yeah I am one of those people, too.

I lurk at the forums without posting but I view others people work and download blueprints.I don't want to post spammy stuff like "Thanks." "Good job." and fill the database so my post count is 0.Also, I suck at modeling to post my stuff here but I am still learning *very slowly*. I hope I don't get kicked out of this teriffic forum.

Yeah I am one of those people, too.

I lurk at the forums without posting but I view others people work and download blueprints.I don't want to post spammy stuff like "Thanks." "Good job." and fill the database so my post count is 0.Also, I suck at modeling to post my stuff here but I am still learning *very slowly*. I hope I don't get kicked out of this teriffic forum.
so post your project in the WIP section, we all started somewhere, so post your project, and we'll help you out

the great thing about this site is all of the people will share what they know to help out those who want to grow.some look under every rock to find stuff that can be used as blueprints, and like myself, if that does not work then we make them ourselves ( my trusty pencil!) if you communicate you will gain friends here.

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
We will be culling all members with 0 posts.
This might ban some users that are not bots
3/ the people who just use this site and don’t contribute to it.
So If you don’t want to be banned post some work!

Just for clarification to the folks out there, unless policy has changed since I joined, which I doubt it has, "contributing" to the site doesn't necessarily mean blueprints... it does however mean anything from giving constructive criticism, or, and the biggie here, Showing your work(s) in progress!

After all, I don't remember where exactly in the rules it once read, or if it still reads this, but I recall it once saying, "If you're modeling using one of our prints, our request is simple: Show your work!" (that and your WIPs don't actually need to be cars)

Apologies if I've misrepresented anything, but if I'm correct in this, I hope you out there feel less obliged to scrounge around for any 'ole print you can find, just so you won't be "Deleted!"

Though it would be greatly appreciated if you still did contribute prints we don't have.

I mainly post this because I've read a couple posts that (to me) feel like they read: "I'm posting this blueprint so I won't get deleted... I guess I gotta post a couple more just to be sure :( "

MMM : yup you understand the rules right. Contribution means just being an active member, and that doesnt mean spamming 2 word messages to boost a post count.

I guess I'm also one of the low posters here. I would really appreciated not being culled out. Unfortunately, I don't build computer models. I'm a large scale automotive modeler using styrene as my medium. I'm also the assistant site manager for www.scalemotorcars.com .While I've built many kits over the years, I have broken out into scratchbuilding and what I like to call extreme superdetailing. Since I have very little access to the real cars for photographs, many of the blue prints I need and find here have critical measurements and proportions so I don't wind up with out of scale and proportion looking models. I would love to contribute to the site but with my type of modeling, I don't know how I can do that. If you could tell me how, I would be happy to give back what ever I can to the site.