SMCars Magazine??

EquiNOX

I just came up with thoughts/idea... Why don't SMCars host/provide monthly magazines for everyone to take a look at. They can download it in .pdf or flash format. Or maybe Blogs Just like CGArena Magazine and such other forum which I enjoy reading them regularly, learn lot from it too.

Here's example... An interview to reputed artist/developers or etc that is happy to share his/her experiences.... such lile Xoliul's (member here) Xoliul Shader 2

Popular work in progress i.e. Erik_S's Ford GT, or Johnas' Corvette and Endo's GT-R with Xoliul Shader 2, Duron's BMW M5 renders and Exdige's new White with black stripped Ferrari scuderia's render etc....

Top 5 or 10 pick monthly renders by users who post it in galleries.....

10 new Car Blue prints

New posted Tutorials or tips and etc

Update on contest work in progress and Final results showing 1st - 3rd place winner's work, including Top 4 to 10's work

Some shared stuffs such as HDRI, Material, model and/or etc.

I believe everyone should earn their chance to get their name into magazine on the hard work they have done, and get inspiration they deserve. Don't you all think so?

Just want share some ideas/thought in this community.

I like the idea.

Now, let's find some people who are willing to put time on this one. Getting content, designing the magazine, publishing PDFs... count me in!

There were not too long ago a team who was willing to make a magazine. It does take alot of time and needs dedication so it never were finished. I agree though, it'd be great to have one but it's hard to find someone who could make it.

There were not too long ago a team who was willing to make a magazine. It does take alot of time and needs dedication so it never were finished. I agree though, it'd be great to have one but it's hard to find someone who could make it.
Actually, i know "someone" who's quite familiar with desktop-publishing (dtp)... depends on how serious this is. ^^ making a nice pdf with some content... c'mon.

EquiNOX

I like the idea.

Now, let's find some people who are willing to put time on this one. Getting content, designing the magazine, publishing PDFs... count me in!
Thank you Blake_Spector ;)

I totaly understand... Not so many probably have time to do this hard work....Maybe instead of Monthly to Monthly basis... Go for two or three months or maybe categorize Subscribe into the Summer, Winter, Fall and Spring??

beacon1

Quarterly mag would be ideal, more time to prepare and gather contributors. What sections have you in mind? tutorials? galleries? start to finish sections art for featured artist? this is cool? sponsors?

EquiNOX

Quarterly mag would be ideal, more time to prepare and gather contributors. What sections have you in mind? tutorials? galleries? start to finish sections art for featured artist? this is cool? sponsors?
Basic everything like you mentioned....

Example:

Front Page, BEST and Inspirational in SMCars community....
Example

(NOTE: This image above is just an example, not offical. Image credited by NAS, Slizer, and SMC Teams)

Page 1 - 5, First 5 top 10 picks from car gallery images that member/user submit during the quarters. Including Slizer's GT, X-ICE Carbon Ceramic Rotor, Duron BMW, Jonas' Corvette(i.e., Summer)

Page 6-8 (or whatever) - An interview with Artist, Car or Car related Game Developer, or whomever.

Page 9 - 12 hot work in progress on High poly models

Page 13 - 14 Hot work in progress on Mid poly/Game models

Page 15 - 20 (or more) Tutorial, Tips, and etc For 3ds max, Maya, C4D, Modo, XSI, Blender and etc on car related. It can be submit by individual if they volunteered. (Credits will be mentioned, of course)

Page 21 - 26 newest SMCars Blueprints (Credits will be mentioned, of course)

Page 27 - 32 (If possible) Another interview with Artist, Game Developers, and etc)

Page 33 - 40 Final 5 of top 10 pick from car gallery images.

Hopefully in the future adding some sponsors or company that want to do advertisement in SMCars Magazine... i.e. 3d Hardware/Software addons, render engines, texture/hdri, contract or in-house job recruiters, and etc...
helping this community to become recognized and give anyone chance to get reputation.

I ll be happy to get involved.... Hoping for few more volunteers.

Encouraging input from you guys! Seems like this could actually happen =)
I'd agree on the "sponsor" part EquiNOX pointed out. 100k members (and who knows how many guests visit this place each day) - it should be interesting to get product-placement going on right there. Someone contact Autodesk, Chaosgroup, [...] and find out about their opinion! :)

beacon1

I think you should include some great photographers and feature them, those great backplates make our 3d models look really good and HDRI's. tutorials etc.