SMCars 2011 Summer Contest - Top Gear Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we make it easy with the paint jobs? Maaco offers $250 dollar paint jobs which are perfect for Top Gear.

BTW do we model our cars the way we bought them or do we model them after all the mods have been applied?
If you have money to mod your car then of course you model it when all mods have been installed. If you don't mod the car at all then you model it the way it was bought.

Do you have link to the Maacos?

naMReg

So, we have 5000 € for everything???? Buying the car, upgrades, etc..... I say this because I found this web where you can buy 2nd hand BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.... for less than 5000 € and they have more than 300 CV (221 kW)...

I have another question, what kind of upgrades can we buy, only visible upgrades like spoilers, rims, tires, etc... or engine, suspension, brakes, etc...????

greenvampire

Super Moderator
So, we have 5000 € for everything???? Buying the car, upgrades, etc.....

I have another question, what kind of upgrades can we buy, only visible upgrades like spoilers, rims, tires, etc... or engine, suspension, brakes, etc...????
yup, 5000euro for everything

You can buy whatever you want, from a nice turbo, to a set of bull horns for the hood... if that takes your fancy :D
Just make sure you provide links to whatever you buy, so that we can verify the prices etc :)

naMReg

So I'd rather buy a 1500-2000 € car and then look for good upgrades????

Can anybody tell me some good modding/tunning webpages?????

EDIT________________________EDIT

Alright, I guess at the end I'll do what I wanted :D I found this car : Renault 5 1.1 GTL 1984 (1500 €)
And this Renault modding/tuning parts website : K-Tec Racing

The parts that I see there are for the Renault 5 GT Turbo..... could I use them in my tiny R5?? I guess I could adapt them? can I?... CAN I??... CAN I??? :p Plzzzzzzz :D

So I'd rather buy a 1500-2000 € car and then look for good upgrades????

Can anybody tell me some good modding/tunning webpages?????

EDIT________________________EDIT

Alright, I guess at the end I'll do what I wanted :D I found this car : Renault 5 1.1 GTL 1984 (1500 €)
And this Renault modding/tuning parts website : K-Tec Racing

The parts that I see there are for the Renault 5 GT Turbo..... could I use them in my tiny R5?? I guess I could adapt them? can I?... CAN I??... CAN I??? :p Plzzzzzzz :D
heres a good site link: - car styling home of car modifications - in car screens dvd gps tv

naMReg

If its somehow possible in real life why not :D You have to list the links and prices of every part you gonna need tho.
I think I'm going to write the guys of K-Tec Racing and ask them..... hopefully they won't send me.... away :p

Thanks :D It would be great if this pieces came with more specific characteristics as when you play NFS, where you change some elements and it tells you how much weight your car lost or the top speed you can reach with the new pieces..... Is there any way I can know this???? I know if I buy 500 € brakes, it'll brake better but, what about buying new engine pieces??? how much more power would I get????

Cheers!!

I think I'm going to write the guys of K-Tec Racing and ask them..... hopefully they won't send me.... away :p

Thanks :D It would be great if this pieces came with more specific characteristics as when you play NFS, where you change some elements and it tells you how much weight your car lost or the top speed you can reach with the new pieces..... Is there any way I can know this???? I know if I buy 500 € brakes, it'll brake better but, what about buying new engine pieces??? how much more power would I get????

Cheers!!
you wouldnt get more power but you would get alot more power to weight , look at a lotus elise its a 1.6 but dosnt weigh anything so its rapid but if you want easy power add a k&n air filter aprox £40 and a race exhasut second hand £400 and then get the car remaped for £100 and you ccould gain up to 60+ HP

greenvampire

Super Moderator
urm, probably encouraged... but not manditory... and if Ive spelt either of those words right... ill be amazed.

I think overall its completely up to you guys what you spend the money on... in the true spirit of top gear :D

will be nice to see a range of cars either race prep or falling apart with a huge engine and little else :D

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
I think labor shouldn't be an issue - as we have a garage with tools and all that good stuff

My question is, would a fiberglass body kit mod be in the criteria? I mean, I would imagine so, since I can get quotes for the price per yard of the fiberglass, and would probably be able to figure out what the cost of paint for it would be... etc.

I'm thinking my contest car is going to be the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina at the moment XD

unless another little gem comes my way XD

Quick Question. this is my first event. so where are we putting all the information and we must have pictures for our cars and parts bought with the information?

Status
Not open for further replies.