SMC V2.0 goes online

Discussion in 'News and Events' started by exidge, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnas

johnas VIP

1. those templates are there so they could be used so why wouldn't we?
    2. which ideas do you mean exactly?
    3. those tutorials are still up-to-date even they are 5 years old and we are getting more of them in a future.
    6. (I thought 4 comes after 3) I really don't understand this question. Everything is still here, we only have reorganised forums.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the feedback anyways :)

edit

Now Astr0s beat me :p

2. Duron

Duron Super Moderator

Senior 3D Artist | Mackevision Stuttgart
    Let me criticize your comment...

IT'S ****!

I see mostly around >200 Users are online HERE, so something should work well, innit? Tell me if you can spot similarities on active user count with sites you mentioned! ;) Im not saying that other sites are bad, but it's no use if nobody is around... ;)

3. dave_3d

dave_3d Super Moderator

This is very relevant. If you are worried primarily about colours, layout and presentation there are "other" CG websites you might prefer. I would rather have an active, experienced and helping membership, and especially with Mods and Admins that can actually show you some good work. ;)

The tutorials are still very helpful regardless when they were made. I have also given a tutorial for Exidge to use on the front page. When I have new tutorials I will also allow SMcars to link to/use them.

One key thing here is "FREE".

People will decide where they feel most comfortable. I've been a member here since 2004, and I like the changes. All positive from me, guys. :)

Dave

4. johnas

johnas VIP

@Duron
    Easy with the critics please, no need to be rude even the other one would be
    You're right though, active community is already alot

Also I'd want to add to my previous comment, like I said before in this topic, we cannot please everyone but most of the users seems to like this change alot.

5. HakRus

HakRus Well-Known Member

builder
    +1 can not please everyone! Personally, I like (the more so because every day something new) Thanks guys ! :)

By the way and what happened to my photo album ??? o_O :D

6. johnas

johnas VIP

vBulletin album doesn't have features which we need, there will be new gallery later though :)

7. exidge

exidge Administrator

Yup I think so,too. It will be fresh and you can always add your stuff in there. Just wait a few days more :)

About the crits above: Well I think there is nothing we can't talk about and we are always open for any change with good crits :) It's not a secret, everyone can find out with looking at the source code where the base template came from on the frontpage ( I was not obsessed to hide it ). But it's not the same , it's a base. Vbulletin is a base,too. We don't spend a big amount of money just to code a unique cms. Some people can, and it takes them years. But ye, we are always open for honest crits : ) And ofc there is a lot of room to improve.

We also thought of getting a Portfolio for everyone. Like when people press your nickname they will be redirected to your portfolio with all the images you put into the Gallery/Showcase. But these are future plans we hope to realize.

Oh and I was in charge of Sektor-41, so everything here has a little touch from the past. ( I think because I don't really remember : )

Cheers,
    exidge

8. Bastian Hantsch

Bastian Hantsch Member

Why so serious?:D It's a bit of everything. I like it :)

9. j.becker

j.becker New Member

Sure...this was obviously your aim ;) Let's summarize your activity over the last few years:

1. cg cars
    2. sektor 41 with a shop without any official authorization to sell stuff with no imprint, etc.
    3. back to cg cars because sektor was unsuccessful

And now Number 4...the best of it.

4. sm cars
    You create a RIP!

You create a site with a ripped frontpage template which "accidentally" looks like cg cars structure, you've stolen the look and feel of cg cars, you've stolen in every edge a little bit, the structure, some gfx stuff, you've stolen features ( Software Icons, and I'm sure the Gallery will be a RIP as well). And all without a spark of shame.

Before that sm cars was sm cars and cg cars was cg cars. Both Sites had there own style. Now you did a bad copy! You should be proud. I´m excited what cg cars will do in future with these facts. And i think the SM Cars staff shouldn't close their eyes on this. This should have consequences...

10. Karybda

Karybda New Member

Artist

1. go to the link and scroll to the bottom -> There is a copyright (Template Design © Joomla Templates | GavickPro. All rights reserved. this is not a free template to edit it...
    2. visit cg-cars

sign!

11. johnas

johnas VIP

It seems that these guys are having personal issues against Exidge and are using SMCars and CG-Cars as an excuse to start a flame. I wonder where they both are coming from and what are Your motives to do this?

There are certain similarities I know but ideas are taken elsewhere and we are not trying to mimic CG-Cars. We don't need to, SMC is strong community and we always had our dedicated users here. We are not new forum, we've been here since 2002.

We will look into the copyright issue, if it's not allowed to remove it then of course we will put it back there.

Also I'm not sure what happened at Sektor and CG-Cars because I haven't been active there. If the activity got low I'm sure it wasn't Exidges fault alone if at all. You should explain why You both think so.

12. Erik_S

Erik_S VIP

C'mon guys, everybody is really gonna bitch about the site, while it is about the persons and work on it? Just have fun and don't be a little kid. Enjoy the site u like best, or both.

13. exidge

exidge Administrator

HEy guy, chill :) I don't know you guys , so I don't see any reason to answer to this. Got personal problems, send me a PM.
    Template problem? See Terms and Conditions of Gavick :) http://www.gavick.com/terms-and-conditions.html

cheers,
    exidge

14. Prykie

Prykie Well-Known Member

3D Artist
    Why dont both of you crawl back into your holes where you came from. We dont need you in our community

15. Karybda

Karybda New Member

Artist
    certain similarities? sorry, but open your eyes. When you don't need to, i don't understand why do you do it or better why do you let it happen? Such a strong Community like yours should have their onw style, theit own identity, their own ideas and not a cheap Template Rip, and sorry this is what it is. And i don't understand why you try to push it aside.

@ exidge

nothing more to say to your person...poor guy

16. bloodyzyy

bloodyzyy Member

I agree with Prykie. If you don't like this community then where is the problem? Go find another! I don't understand why you are trying to make a fight because of nothing? RETARDED!

17. Erik_S

Erik_S VIP

@Karybda: Since when is a personality defined by it looks? The personality comes with the people on the site, the things that are taken care of by the site like the nice contests you always have here. THAT is what defines a sites personality, not the looks.

Why are u making such a big point out of it, just have fun and appreciate the choices of the admins. If u don't like them start ur own site.

18. Minde

Minde Active Member

This is really sad to those people who are talking about someone ripping a look. When you take a look at the date they registered and the posts they posted more and more it makes believe that this is someone who hides his real name. Why do you care about the look of the site if you just registered here.... This is absolutely pointless discussion I like both sites no mater how they look, or even how familiar it looks its not a big deal...

19. dave_3d

dave_3d Super Moderator

A "new member" joins just to moan. A "new member" that wants to hide behind anonymity. Their first post is to moan about styling similarities. Why join - if you don't like it, just stay in CGcars.

The SMcars guys must be doing something right to get such a reaction, as you are frightening them :)

Both sites use vBulletin and Joomla front-end (many companies design templates specifically for doing this, Gavick, Joomlart etc. it is not new !), hardly unique : in fact many, many sites do this (why have people programmed bridges ?). The darker style is something SMcars, CGcars, CGtalk and my website have used. We didn't copy CGcars.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if the whole Style and layout was IDENTICAL between these sites. The members and mods make a Forum. The feeling you get on a site will make you decide where to go.

I'm here.

Dave

20. Duron

Duron Super Moderator

Senior 3D Artist | Mackevision Stuttgart
    This is like, if Ferrari flames to the world, that no other Car Brand is allowed to deliver cars with Red Paint. This is comical !

Karybda, everybody sees that you're just like a lil kid, flaming here with non sense arguments! If you have enough GUTS, than show us your real identity !

Totally agree with Dave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.