SMC V2.0 goes online

Status
Not open for further replies.
is thare anyway the log in log out bar can be put on the home page, also the new posts button, so we dont actually have to go to the forums page to click that stuff?

EquiNOX

what A GREAT renovation, i love this design... Good work Exidge, Jonas and the SMC teams!

Just one thing maybe its me, or someone has here mentioned before. How come I couldn't login at the front page? It took me a while tofigure it out where, until I clicked on 'blueprint' at bottom. Maybe easy navigation for newcomers, should 'Login/register' added at front? Just thoughts

Again, Great renovation... That should bring inspiration for this community from now on.

Kangal

I don't know who's done the new SMC's look, bt it's very elegant and refined, i really love the way it looks, so congratulations to the auctor :) (maybe Exidge?)

http://www.smcars.net/forums/search.php?do=getnew
i have this link in bookmarks...i use it all the time ))

thumbnails were really usefull
or at least set different pictures for different forums
(3d stiils and blueprint forum has the same for example, so while surfing through new posts i need to look to right every time whether it new blueprints or new wip)

In case someone hasn't noticed, thanks button is now back.
but thanks/thanked were set to zero ))

exidge

Administrator
We will have the same Login for Frontpage and Forum soon guys, no worries.
Thanks Button is added to the new Vbulletin we are now. The old one didn't work anymore.

Thumbnails in search do not work so far. If there is a solution we will add this.

Thank you guys for the feedback.

cheers,
exidge

http://www.smcars.net/forums/search.php?do=getnew
i have this link in bookmarks...i use it all the time ))

thumbnails were really usefull
or at least set different pictures for different forums
(3d stiils and blueprint forum has the same for example, so while surfing through new posts i need to look to right every time whether it new blueprints or new wip)

but thanks/thanked were set to zero ))
Thread thumbnails and thanks are both plugins for vBulletin so they don't come with the forums software. Unfortunately it seems that thumbnails don't work with the search anymore like it did with old vBulletin. Also I'm not even sure if statistics are even possible to move from old database to new. Do we need them anyways? :)

Edit

Looks like Exidge beat me here :D

Astr0s

Super Moderator
The following only reflects my opinion, and the only reason I'll bother to type as long as I do is because I'm testing out a new keyboard :)

1. What's wrong with using a pre-made template when it is allowed?
2. Given there are similarities, but again, what's wrong with borrowing good ideas, the world is full of those.
3. Content takes time to produce, the new layout has been out for a week. Before that, as far as I know, the tutorials and what not have been in somewhat hibernation.
6. (?) Could you explain further what you mean with this.

I have trouble understanding your critisism, while encouraged, you do not exactly offer any better solutions either, which is what constructive-critism is about. But don't take this the wrong way, we'll listen to the users and try to act accordingly towards a better community and website :)

Status
Not open for further replies.