SMC v.2 Update Ideas

exidge

Administrator
What do you guys think about the three winners get a special Award: Gold, Silver and Bronze and all other people get a medal or something like that which illustrates they also took part in the competition?

Cheers,
exidge

nasi

Just looking at the "like" icon. Would it be more accurate to have a thumbs up/thumbs down icon instead? A heart imo indicates love not like. If i don't love it, do i hate it?:uhh:

@exidge - A ribbon/medal of a different element(copper,brass, etc) would be cool for contest participants. They do this in comrades and bicycle races. The top three get Gold, silver, bronze but if you finish you still get a generic medal...

OldDog

@Exidge everyone else get's an diploma xD an hier res A4 that they can print out and put on a wall XD i'm just kidding...
I really dunno It would be great that everyone gets something like that , but what ? you usually make trophies in gold silver and bronze and put something inside , how about everyone else get whats inside whit out the trophy ?

I think the medals should be kept smaller this time round, like small icons - with a description on mouseover, and perhaps a larger version for in profile or something.

naMReg

And also, could the voting be secret until the end of the contest????? And then show up the poll so we can see how did it go????

OldDog

^^ oh yea that would be great ! we wouldn't actually vote for someone that has the largest number of votes , because well it's in human nature to believe that something is good if it's voted high -.- :p

maybe something like a facebook chat that sits in the corner and the people that are online can chat ect alot easier than having to use the normal chat, so if we have like a facebook 1 we can still browse the site and threads with out having to move off the chat page

helicase

I think the medals should be kept smaller this time round, like small icons - with a description on mouseover, and perhaps a larger version for in profile or something.
I think it would be cool to see a picture of their winning car when you click the award. I tried doing that and it didn't work.

helicase

What do you guys think about the three winners get a special Award: Gold, Silver and Bronze and all other people get a medal or something like that which illustrates they also took part in the competition?

Cheers,
exidge
That's a good idea, and may offer an incentive to our newer modeling friends too participate.

And also, could the voting be secret until the end of the contest????? And then show up the poll so we can see how did it go????
I'm not sure if this is possible with vBulletins poll, it's a good idea though.

@michael1ee
SMCars has own irc channel, easiest way to get there is the webchat -> QuakeNet Web IRC (qwebirc), just type your nickname and channel which is smcars.
There are not many people there so it'd be nice to have more users there.

About the medals, should be possible to link to the winning car, need to take closer look :)

BWA

Don't forget that not all users here build models digitally. I sketch the old-fashioned way with paper and pencil and build primarily in plastic. The profile field for Primary 3D modeling program needs a "None of the Above" type selection. I had to grab one of the selections at random just so I could log on just now. I don't log on regularly so these updates can be a little irritating from time to time. Let's not make this site too complicated. ;)