Renault 5 GTL 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

naMReg

[...] Afterwards render the shadows speratly.[...]
mmmm.... you made me think about that, maybe I could create a white ground texture, capture the shadow making the car invisible to the camera and then, as you said, assemble it in PS.... mmmm, good one exidge :D

Thanks, my head was just saturated :p

michael1ee - Thanks man :D, hopefully I'll get it properly done for the submission, thanks for encouraging :D

EDIT:
exidge - Sorry, I guess we posted at the same time :p I tried using "use background" but it always gets black as the "transparent"material" Even if I make the background white at the "use_background" shader attributes, it shows up the shadows, but the rest is white..... :(

exidge

Administrator
mmmm.... you made me think about that, maybe I could create a white ground texture, capture the shadow making the car invisible to the camera and then, as you said, assemble it in PS.... mmmm, good one exidge :D
yup that's smart : )

edit:

EDIT:
exidge - Sorry, I guess we posted at the same time I tried using "use background" but it always gets black as the "transparent"material" Even if I make the background white at the "use_background" shader attributes, it shows up the shadows, but the rest is white.....
Not sure which Maya you use but I attached a simple scene with the problem you mentioned. Maybe it helps you. I use maya 2009.

Attachments

naMReg

I use Maya 2009 too :) It's amazing!!! I always created a poligonal or NURBS sphere and applied a HDRI to it to lighten the scene and give reflections. But I couldn't get the shadows into the alpha channel because the material I used for that actually got shadows from that sphere too :D

Thanks a lot for that scene. :D

naMReg

Haha, Viffe :p Sorry, can't waste no time now posting screengrabs or test renders, hope you understand ;)

I've detailed it so much that I have in my hands a 3 million polies model..... I'm starting to think that I won't be able to render it completely.... with my PIV and 2 gb of RAM... glups.

Wish me luck!!!

naMReg

Hi, no updates, sorry, just rendering questions :p

Does the virtual memory help in any way in the rendering proccess??? I have 2 HDDs and I have allowed 4096 mb of virtual memory on each one (8192 mb total).... In Maya, I have changed the memory limit in the batch options to 1024 instad of 0 (means unlimited) and I have 2048 mb RAM.

Oh and, in the Acceleration dropdown menu, in the Quality tab, into Render settings, I've changed BRSM to BRSM2 (or something like that) Because I read that it takes less memory packages to render allowing the whole scene to render but it takes longer times (something that right now doesn't bother me at all... ask me on friday!!!)

Thanks in advance!!!!

naMReg

Hahaaaaaa.... I've a friend who is going to lend me a Dual Core 4 gb RAM PC tower... ain't that great????? I wasn't able to even open the scene, it reached 1,64 gb of RAM just trying to open it....glups..... maybe I've been doing something really wrong, too much detail I guess.....

nasi

Hahaaaaaa.... I've a friend who is going to lend me a Dual Core 4 gb RAM PC tower... ain't that great????? I wasn't able to even open the scene, it reached 1,64 gb of RAM just trying to open it....glups..... maybe I've been doing something really wrong, too much detail I guess.....
4gigs ram is tough to do 3d nowadays - the more powerful they make pc's the more geometry/textures we put in! Even my CRX uses 4gigs ram just to render(i have 8 and it seems not enough sometimes). You'll have to find ways to optimize i suppose...

naMReg

:( I have friends with great hearts but with zero knowledge about informatics :( it was a Pentium IV 1.2 gHz and 512 mb RAM and the gc had 64 mb.....

I think I'm going to capture some screens with the textures applied and then add some test renders so you'll be able to imagine how could it look like :(

But hey, remember this, Rsenal got 3rd place with a viewport screenshot, didn't he??? :p

naMReg

UPGRADES SCREENSHOTS

Wish list :D :

Renault 5 GTL 3-door : 350 €
New engine R5 GT Turbo : 57,86 €
Back Bumper : 169,81 €
Roll cage : 532,19 €
19" Rims + High performance tires : 1719,94 €
Suspension : 463,50 €
KTR Sport Brakes : 201,52 €
Seat subframe : 79,42 €
Sport Seat : 327,97 €
Steering wheel : 112,23 €
Harness : 191,79 €
Head Lights : 208,56 €
Roof spoiler : 243,38 €
Exhaust : 189,522 €
1.4 mm steel sheet : 10 x 11,28€ = 112,80 €/m2

Some of the original prizes were in €, GBP or $ and the money conversion was on the day I bought them, hopefully it hasn't changed too much since then :D

To view the screenshots please click on the item's PRIZE

naMReg

Thanks masab007, you are very, very kind :D I appreciate it.... But now, I know that, I must get a new PC :D I just reached the top I could reach with this one, so it's time to move on. Whenever I get a new computer, I'll finish it.

Cheers!!!

naMReg

Yes, too bad :( I couldn't even turn on some of the layers I made (fender flares, lights,windows, etc...) because it ran out of memory so, the screenshots I took, all the unseen pieces are completely hidden so I could rotate the scene and capture the screenshot :D

Anyway, I promise I will finish this one as soon as I get a Quantum computer :p and I'll do a better version too, something like... "Imagine a millionaire that sees this Renault 5, falls in love with it and wants to give it a better look" :p

Cheers!!

Kangal

I usually do not comment low price cars :D bt for this one i'll do an exception.
It's without any doubts the best 5 i've ever seen, i really like every part of this lady, the name even (5 GTL R)
5 stars full for me, and a candidate for the final 1st award IMO.

Great job my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.