Renault 5 GTL 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

naMReg

Thanks Vlad3D :D had to check this LOOKS MINT thing, haha....

I was reading your last post, in your Prelude thread, answering my question about the tail-lights and I did pretty much the same as you did but, instead of giving the same color to the bumpy modeled inner surface, I used a clear transparent one. I'll try your method ;) Thanks

Cheers :D

naMReg

Just a little update from the interior, looking from the opened trunk door.

The seat holder, the sports seat, the hand brake, the harnesses and the indicators (fuel, speed, oil pressure and revolutions) coming next. No dashboard at all. Maybe a can holder.... I'm thinking about that :p

naMReg

Sports seat : DONE; Seat Subframe : DONE; Harnesses : DONE; Spoiler : DONE :p Haha, the list is becoming shorter and shorter, and The final countdown has begun, 10 days left..... glups!!

Here a close-up on the spoiler:

Here you can see the sport seat with the steering wheel and the original R5 gear. You can see how the harness is fixed to the rear horizontal rollcage bar. I still have to finish the side belts as it is a 4-point harness. Below a detail about the harness.

I hope you like it, won't be doing anymore render until the last presentation becaue it takes tooooo long to render.

Cheers!!!

And some more motivation.... :D

[video=youtube;LbPRGDwlfqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbPRGDwlfqs&ob=av2e[/video]

C'mon!!!

Wow... You keep improving every time I see an update! Wish I could go back to the cars, but unfortunately can't... But keep it up, mate! Looking great there!

OldDog

hmm... how did you do those tires ?
The Car is amazing , alot of great details ! can't w8 to see the final renders ^^
Wish you all the luck in the contest :)

Cheers

naMReg

hmm... how did you do those tires ?
I just modeled the treads as NasG suggested and is the best way, expensive for rendering but, there's no better way, at least for me. They're not done at this moment, I want to give them a bump map for some of the small cuts they have and for the side wall too.

I wish I had worked some more on August..... but I couldn't do as much as I wanted... anyway, let's see if I can finish everything and start the final renderings scene. I re-modeled the seat as it looked a little cheap and unfinished.

At 18:30, I'll keep working on it..... thanks for the replies and encouragements!!!!

naMReg

What's better, to create a whole 4096x4096 texture map for the whole car, or create 4x(1024x1024) maps for the different parts (exterior, interior, wheels, windows and glass materials)?????

Nashwan

I'd split them up into materials, glass, bodywork, interior etc. That way you can make supporting textures (transparency, specular, bump) only for those materials that need it.

Btw, you could get 16 x 1024s for the same surface area as one 4096

naMReg

Btw, you could get 16 x 1024s for the same surface area as one 4096
You're right...hahaha, I made an awful calculation... I wrote it so late last night :p

Another thing, lately I've been using the smooth preview for rendering too, I guess it adds a lot of polies to the mesh; if I use a subdivision surface instead of a smooth preview..... would it affect possitively to the final render output times????

naMReg

So.... what are the final render requirements for the submission??? Dimensions, views, etc... If this information is already posted somewhere, I couldn't reach it. :D

OldDog

ehhh 1920x1080 ? front and rear view + all the renders that you made and want to show ? I guess this would be something standard ?
btw give us some test renders , don't need to be high res just an update on the environment and rendering options ( i mean materials, textures and so on :) )

naMReg

You are right OldDog, I'll do the minimun requirements (front side + rear side views) and I'll see if I can make more to have more chances :D.....

I've just finished all the pieces, UV mapped the exterior and some of the interior pieces, wheels done, I hope they are fine :D. Now, texturizing, good that I did some research and I have all the textures I need.... now it's time to apply them.

I have a question though, I've been taking screenshots of all the upgrades that I have "purchased" but some of the webs, where I got them, are not offering them anymore..... would tha screenshots count??? I made no retouches...I promise. :)

naMReg

Rendering time so, rendering problems :( No memory at this moment but I'll try to figure out how to manage this....

In the meanwhile, I'd like to know if there's any way to render the shadows (using "use_background" or "mip_matteshadow") without using a background image??? So the image comes out with an alpha channel containing the silouette of the car and the shadow itself.

That would be cool to know as my car would fit the lower part of the image so I don't have to render the whole background.

Any tips??? Tricks??? RAM for me???

Thanks in advance :D

exidge

Administrator
I think nashwan did a quick introduction into Maya's workflow. You can find his tut in the tutorials forum :)

ps.: It's really easy to render just the car without background. Don't apply any plate to the camera, make the hdri sphere invisible. Render the car. Afterwards render the shadows speratly. Make the car invisible to camera. In photoshop you assembly your stuff.

naMReg

I read that TUTORIAL when Nashwan first posted it and it doesn't say anything about rendering the shadows separatedly.

What I'd like to do is to get a transparent material and make the car to cast shadows on it.... is this possible???? I'm only using a HDR image as a environment lighting (using a sphere).

Status
Not open for further replies.