RedStar's Dodge Charger Video Tutorial

Krystian

Lamborghini President
yeah there are tons of cool tools inside max that I even learn every once in a while.

Also just to inform you all. In the tutorials I was using tesselate for a while but instead you should use connect. it does the same stuff without all that extra work. I learned aobut it later on the road :)
Yeah I was wondering why you're using it 'couse connect is easier and faster.
Anyway great work, very useful for me because I'm going to refresh my high poly skills :)
Thanks mate

Thanks a lot Redstar. Very generous of you to share this with us. I dont anything about max, but it doesnt matter. Whatever program people use they will gain a heap from these videos. Its gunna take a while to get through them all..

Cheers

I purchased this tutorial when it first came out, and I learned a lot. I stopped modelling for about a year to take care of personal stuff, then about four months ago I jumped back into it. The first thing I did was model the Charger again, I used the tutorial some to help refresh my modeling memory. I even slapped a texture on it this time (see screenie). This tutorial was a big help when I first started modeling, and a big help again when I restarted modeling. Thanx Red!!!

This is a great donation!! It will definitely be a benefit to all modelers of every skill level.

Attachments

Many thanks, much to learn here. I doubt I'll put it in use any time soon (university first year is a bitch), but that's just the kind of guy I am, trying to learn stuff I don't use much...
Tried doing a BMW M3 E46 a few years back (reason I joined the community), could really have used these back then. I think I'll one day try that BMW again, with this new knowledge. Too bad I wiped the old model along with the harddrive...

This is indeed a huge contribution... yeah, as you can see, I can't really put it into words better :D, need a tutorial on thanking ppl.

I have a new tool! Connect is a lot of fun. That could have saved me a lot of time in the past and would have yeilded some much tidier results. Thanks so much!!

Great tutorial but there are some things that bugs me:

1. If you had explained what you are doing and why : it's great to learn techniques but it's even better to really understand them.

2. why do i only see a black plane when looking in my left view? you seem to be able to make the plane be invisible so that you can see the front blueprint trough the back blueprint, if you understand what I'm talking about. Also, doing things maybe a biiiiiiit slower would be nice, it can be hard to keep up when you are blazing trough the tutorial.

Thappaz - I believe I explained what I do and why in the tutorial. For black plane issue just go to object properties and check backface cull. As far as speed goes, I cant go any slower, the tutorial itself is over 23hrs long and that's with the speed I was doing it at there, and slower and it wouldn't fit on 4 dvds.

Its amazing that you put this on here for free and I cannot thank you enough!

Is it possible you could share the blueprints you used with us? It's very difficult to find good blueprints of this car. :p

Regards, Mike :D:D:D:D:D

Its amazing that you put this on here for free and I cannot thank you enough!

Is it possible you could share the blueprints you used with us? It's very difficult to find good blueprints of this car. :p

Regards, Mike :D:D:D:D:D
No blueprints sir, this is just to show some techniques, pick your own car :)