Real World Racer : VW Passat B6 Pikes Peak

I will look at passats differently from now on.

One issue. The see-through gaps in the front body work. Stretching your border edges or dummy geometry would be a quick and easy fixes. Either way, you would not have to re-map anything.

Awesome job

Metabadger

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Heh, thanks guys =)

@ metabadger, that isnt actually uwv unwrapped, its just random uvw maps, but ive already started the actual unwrap.. on that note, i started a scene as well, but not sure if it is exactly what i want, isnt at this point anyway (ignore the crappy textures and rocks, lol)

Attachments

Nice stuff man. I reckon those front wheels should be turned out more. Could you get that to slide? I've never seen an actual Pikes Peak car in action
And hurry up and sort those rocks out , looks like its on the moon

A remarkable job. Excellent.

A couple of suggestions which may help. Your side view mirrors, although a total waste of weight for this type of racing, do add greatly to the appearance of the car. I think they should be scaled up 100% or more. Your shadows are killing that awesome body paint. Also watch the texture slide on the road edge.

Metabadger

Astr0s

Super Moderator
A remarkable job. Excellent.

A couple of suggestions which may help. Your side view mirrors, although a total waste of weight for this type of racing, do add greatly to the appearance of the car. I think they should be scaled up 100% or more. Your shadows are killing that awesome body paint. Also watch the texture slide on the road edge.

Metabadger
Thanks for the feedback, duly noted all of those. Am going to scale the mirrors up and the environment is going to go through a radical change (probably going for gravel instead of tarmac). Working with particles at the moment to get some nice dust flying after the car (attached a wip view of the particles..). Also going to make dust & scratch maps for the body to add realism and add a driver (hopefully) & minor interior parts

@rcat: here are some essential pikes peak videos

YouTube - Peak Performance! Ford Fiesta RallyCross storms Pikes Peak

YouTube - Ari vatanen pikes peak

Attachments

Some winning renders AstrOs. I don't know if your as tired of this model as I am with mine, but if you intend to push it even futher I would mention a couple of things that catch my eye. Geometry nickeling in the guard rail. A hand on the steering wheel would help. The scale on your tex on the tail edge of the rear wing seems a little larger than on the front edge. These are little issues.

Great renders. Great concept. Awesome job.

Metabadger.

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Yeah, issues that im aware.. the driver was a crappy quick model i made, its not biped or anything.. i just moved the vertices around a little :D The texture yes awful yeah, should've fixed that and the rail just had no turbosmooth on which made it look that awful..

but yeah, im quite tired, not that much of the car but more of the scene and hassle. Thanks for the feedback mate and congratz on the win and awesome model :p