Real World Racer : VW Passat B6 Pikes Peak

tom120934

Administrator
As you said on IRC, indeed the rear wing supports will bend... They are way too thin.

Great concept, it's really terrifying so far. I'm now looking for more body work, to see things fitting together.

IMHO best concept and realization so far. The design is simply perfect...
You will have my vote !!
Please finish this beauty and render it with a lot of dust going everywhere while climbing :D :D

Cheers Dario

Astr0s

Super Moderator
As you said on IRC, indeed the rear wing supports will bend... They are way too thin.

Great concept, it's really terrifying so far. I'm now looking for more body work, to see things fitting together.
Yeah, im on the supports already. Terrifying in a good or a bad way? ;D At times its hard to see the car as a whole, but there are design elements that ive used all over the car

@ dppd69, exactly what my thought for the scene was, ive been looking into it a little already ^^

Edit: got a little little done.. hope the design looks a bit more whole now :uhh:

Edit2: Iiiiiiiiiiii just couldnt wait any longer not to render it..........

Attachments

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Looked into VW wheel design today, but hardly found any decent rims i could even modify for the Passat.. so i went to the good old BBS, and these struck my eye, since theyre 3-piece, im thinking carbon fibre halves with golden center lock :eek:

Duzze

great work with the passat and the choice of wheels. I know its like that on these kind of races but i think that rear wing is a bit too big. Good luck

Astr0s

Super Moderator
great work with the passat and the choice of wheels. I know its like that on these kind of races but i think that rear wing is a bit too big. Good luck
Yeah, perhaps, it looks a bit massive and not only because its curved.. i may redo it^^