Real World Racer : VW Passat B6 Pikes Peak

Astr0s

Super Moderator
The attachment is just a quick mock-about of the basic shape i did last night, features conversion to a 3 door and raised wheel arches. Going to sketch a body-kit (Celica Pikes Peak style maybe) tomorrow if i remember, so hopefully more updates tomorrow!

Btw, any pics & links on Pikes Peak are appreciated :p

Attachments

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Pikes peak hunting break, you've got a killer idea ! I'm looking forward to see more of it !
Thanks tom! I couldnt be arsed to wait for tomorrow to start sketching so i went right ahead this evening, here's what ive got so far. Need to redefine the shape in the back, but front's looking okay imo ;p

Attachments

Astr0s

Super Moderator
It looks good, but maybe it's just a bit shorter than the regular wagon.

Keep us updated!
I know it looks like shorter, but the mad bodykit and 3 door conversion make it look a lot shorter. On that note, the door maybe far too long which makes it look even shorter.. I did trace the mask, lights & windows through my screen so it actually should be the lenght of the original.. but that a concept sketch anyway :p

Thanks!

Astr0s

Super Moderator
bad photoshoping o_O lol but nice idea mate :)
Grr :p

Started on the spline cage, still refining and thinking about the shapes and bodykit. Thinking about what tom said, the 3 door conversion takes alot from the passat's characteristics and makes it look shorter. Also thinking about the interior and chassis/frame etc, maybe tubular mixed with the passat's own and a big mid-engine there, possibly audi V12 TDI or the like and steering in the middle (?) ;o

Attachments

Krystian

Lamborghini President
WHAT?! Atrors is modelling?!
Now you've made my day with it. Passat wagon climbing on pikes peak, pretty crazy but that's cool! Nice sketches

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Thanks people! Havent on this for a few days now cus i formatted my pc's, been celebrating midsummer and not been home ^^ I'll get right back on this on sunday/monday!

The IC

uses too many smileys
heh...its got the pikes peak craziness already 8)

seems rather long compared to the PP Suzukis, Toyotas, Peugeot etc....but still, looks like its got lotsa potential :)