Real World Racer : Mini Rover - Super race car

Hey, it's been a while since I commented. Your last two renders are awesome. A couple of fine tuning crits. Skip the fat rear tires for drag racing. You got yourself a front wheel drive car. Pirelli will not sponsor you if your running Bridgestones. Watch the sharp edges on the track curbing. Kill the reflection on your fencing. Great road texture but needs to be scaled. You did a great job with the Mini badge. Thin out the cylindrical piece.

Think about moving your hood tie-down pins closer to the unhinged end of the hood rather than in the center. Better yet, one in each corner, no hinges less weight. If your driving light brackets will be seen in your final renders, add the tie-down nuts and wiring. All of your sponsor's white logos get washed out by the paint. Sixties style door handles would not require you to adjust your body geometry and would greatly enhance your model.
I hope some of my crits help out.

Metabadger

P.S. Did I mention door handles?
I
happy to see you back man , it's been a while sence i spoke to you about this mini , welcome back and also i didn't see the man who gave me the refrance too "greenvampire" and his crits too ,

now

"Pirelli" i though it was an oil company like mobil one hh , so Thank you for drawing attention

"sharp edges on the side of the track" i attention to it after the render and i already fixed it and make it smooth befor you comment on it

"reflection on your fencing" ya i don't like it too , i will kill it

"Great road texture but needs to be scaled" yes i agree with you , i did scaled it befor but i get busy with the car , there is some details that i know about them but i'm just too lazy thise days , i wll get back to work today

"Thin out the cylindrical piece" you mean the inner black of the badge ?

"Think about moving your hood tie-down pins closer to the unhinged end of the hood rather than in the center. Better yet, one in each corner"
you mean like thise

"If your driving light brackets will be seen in your final renders, add the tie-down nuts and wiring"
i'm sorry but i didn't get it right , could you explain more.

"All of your sponsor's white logos get washed out by the paint"
you mean at the studio shoot , becase it's not white , but i guse it's looking fine at the out door sence if that was your meaning

about door handles , yes i was thinking to make the same you saide one chrome handles will not require a body hole

thnaks for your comment man

Cant wait For more Progress on this its such a sick little car
thanks man you too having a great car i want to see it when it's finished for sure

sergo: man all i can do is trying , loved your Mercedes that you still working on it hope to see some renders soon

greenvampire

Super Moderator
hey, thought id stop by to see how it was going,

the renders are looking nice man, good job with your setup,

my only main crit is that the hood / bonnet material doesn't go far enough over to the wings... as your hood reaches the grill, there is part of the yellow wing seen, the hood should go right up to the wing,
posted a quick pic of what I mean, see attachments

Ok, personal opinions that I would change, but are just suggestions:

The decals, I would make them black rather than white

the "Type R" decal seems strange on a Mini

as someone else suggested, move the hood split-pins down to the front, in the same place i mentioned to put the hood texture

the square indicators dont do it for me, but thats probably just me

The Mini badge reminds me more of the new BMW mini badge, rather than the old style ones... but again thats probably just me being grumpy towards BMW and the new mini's :p

other than that, its looking cool, good job :)

Attachments

"greenvampire" : yes man i'm understanding what you mean , the hood need to expande a littel , i really cuted the hood not only make a texture to the hood area >> will do it now

been a while didn't see you too man, you and "metabadger" really gave me a goode help in this work so thanks

the decals i will change them to black as you said becase i feel the white make it not good at the moment too , i will do another render

"Type R" decal seems strange on a Mini
in fact i saw it on a racer mini on some mini magazine , i will upload it now to show you becase i thought that too it's will be strange to write "Type R"

i will remove the square indicators too becase it's as you saide not so good and need to be replaced , and the hood split-pins will be moved too becase i saw some images and it's as you said

the mini badge i just saw a small photo of it on some new mini and i start to model it i didn't know the old is diffrent , any way i will search for some mini logo and see what i can do for that

and by the way i did some running test for now ,

Attachments

The attached Image demonstrate some of my suggestions. Little time right now. I hope it helps.
i under stand you , i really loved what you did in the photo really nice demonstration:artistic:

and is the black lamp cover on the down right is a photo or it's from my render and you adjusted with PS

really loved the lamp covers you uploud , but like i said i just didn't have some close look of some parts and it's just need time to be found

greenvampire

Super Moderator
dont worry too much about the mini Logo, its just my opinion really... im just a grumpy old man when it comes to new mini's :p
I think the one you used, was actually used on the classic shape too, its just after BMW adopted it, it became more known for that,
If you did want to change it, try a cooper logo / decal - http://www.cartype.com/pics/1609/full/mini_cooper_wreath.jpg

I would be interested to see the Type R picture, maybe it was running a honda engine? either way, sounds like a nice beast! :D

me likey lol... its a nice scene you got there midoo but i think in your last renders you need a driver unless its a car that drives itself lol.. sick car man

dont worry too much about the mini Logo, its just my opinion really... im just a grumpy old man when it comes to new mini's :p
I think the one you used, was actually used on the classic shape too, its just after BMW adopted it, it became more known for that,
If you did want to change it, try a cooper logo / decal - http://www.cartype.com/pics/1609/full/mini_cooper_wreath.jpg

I would be interested to see the Type R picture, maybe it was running a honda engine? either way, sounds like a nice beast! :D
i will leave it at the moment , but is that decal was the old badge of the mini brand ?

hhhhhhhh mybe it had an honda engine , i really didn't read the full article:)

i uploaded the photos , they in the attachments , not good Q images but it will do the job for the "Type R" and sorry for late i had to go out to some place and i retarned now and also my cell phone run out of battery

Attachments

me likey lol... its a nice scene you got there midoo but i think in your last renders you need a driver unless its a car that drives itself lol.. sick car man
yes for sure i just testing the motion blure to the whole sence and i'm also still looking for a good driver some where8)

that Type R gulf Mini looks sexy, thanks for uploading those pics! I may have to dig out my old mini model and render one like that soon!
sure man why not to dig it out , mybe you can do some body kit to it no need more stuff and it also will not take much time if you moved fast

i did last update to the car ( i guess ) i did side cooling methode to the back of the car , and there also an cut in the body at the back so hot aire can go out it's the same as the gulf mini i uploud too

i did some new things :

turbo
new rimes
adjusted front lamps and decals on it
door handel
new decals layout
and other adjusted things

i did decals layout from a real car photo i had it's the last photo , and the render image is 1600x1200 , i will not do any more for the street becase it's will be disappear at the motionblur

i used the mini logo you gave me also to make the main look for the mini brand

i will post the motion blur after puting in the driver , the motion one is much better than this one but i didn't upload it now , mybe tomorrow

Attachments

those rims are hot ! even though i'm a fan of JDM style and deep dishes - I think your are just a bit too deep :D even though overall the car looks awesome just a little too unrealistic with these rims :]

thank man , but i think it's the same size of the white car i uploaded it's not that deep to me , but you mean it;s need to bee less wide at the back and the front ?

i re-think again to the sence and did some improvment to it , i also hade my sence inspiration by Ali's ismail mercedes-bens work you can finde it here
and gave it my best shot , those are the final rendered but befor i chose 2 of them i want to ask if i put 2 image in one photo , is it still be count two or one photo ? i hope some moderator can answer me today at the most

right now the last two is my final of my wip in here for the contest unlese some thing come up today , thank you all people for this great contest and really great other conteders and good luck to every one , now i can sleep:D:sleep::sleep:

note: i konw the breack desck on the front look image (image 2 ) is looke like it's not spining or looking stop not running , i add animated it but i don't knoow what was happend to looke like that , i will try to fix it

Attachments