Real World Racer : Mini Rover - Super race car

midoo55

iknow some people see thise thread and think it's will be not a big idea , but just wait and see what i will post in the next week or the end of this week , i did an make over for this car to be a race car it's nothing like the photo above , all the work will be on the new body kit

tom120934

Administrator
Looks like a good idea. Of course it fits in the contest.

You should draw a sketch of your idea, it makes work easier later and will make people commenting your project. Pencil or software, it's up to you !

midoo55

Looks like a good idea. Of course it fits in the contest.

You should draw a sketch of your idea, it makes work easier later and will make people commenting your project. Pencil or software, it's up to you !
i done some job befor and i'm at the almost end of the car body right now , becase i adjusting some ditails and it's need some more aadjusting befor post the final render , i will try to post some wire fram tommorow igues , i hope that's ok , this model you can make itfor max 2 days or 3 from my point , but the body and ditails that's will take more than day

midoo55

render time , i did some shots

this from file befor end stage at one of some stage

i will try to post all photo in 1600x1200 res , to be more visable

and by the way i'm using 3dsmax for the work

Attachments

midoo55

update , it's fully modeled by me from scratch , ithought it's will be easy but the small details make it take more time ;)

i hope it's good enogh

Attachments

midoo55

this is a gift to the car , i used the free HDRI sample from HDRi Locations - www.hdri-locations.com to show my work

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mnf24j.jpg

it's come out straight from the 3dsmax , no 2d work
i really was working a lot the dayes i was working on it

i really my self love the result and how it's came out after all , it's really amazing me even there are a lot of more works out there but i'm happy with my own work

C&C are very welcome

tom120934

Administrator
It's a really huge modification, it's a crazy racer you've got !

I'm just not big fan of the front bumper, I think it goes too much toward the front.

It's a really huge modification, it's a crazy racer you've got !

I'm just not big fan of the front bumper, I think it goes too much toward the front.
thanks man for your comment i really appreciated , about the front bumper the plan iput it there is for the NO. plate that i'm still working on it , but the bumper it self it's was at in the beganing not looking like that i changed a lot and adjusted and re-think agian to get to this final and i really see it perfect there at the front , if you see the wirefram side look and see the front you will see it's goes ok and fit it right , i make it from scratch and i really didn't have any refrance photo for the pumber that i made , ijust make a 1st work then the day after i re-modeled a littele and every day i was start to make a new adjustment , i will try to show it more at some studio light's later , but now i'm very tired from ding this project , i'll take some rest for 2 dayes

greenvampire

Super Moderator
nice render and a good idea, I love classic minis,

however id like to offer some crit as to the shape of the model itself, so that you can get it more acurate... however if you intended to change the car shape, then just ignore the following ;)

the bonnet (hood) should be curved upward, rather than flat.. the engine would not fit in your model ;)
the roof should also be curved over / up from each end to the center, not flat
the rear end looks too bulky, the rear window should be visable from the side view, at the moment the rear end looks like a new bmw version

other than that, it looks pretty nice :D

nice render and a good idea, I love classic minis,

however id like to offer some crit as to the shape of the model itself, so that you can get it more acurate... however if you intended to change the car shape, then just ignore the following ;)

the bonnet (hood) should be curved upward, rather than flat.. the engine would not fit in your model ;)
the rear end looks too bulky, the rear window should be visable from the side view, at the moment the rear end looks like a new bmw version

other than that, it looks pretty nice :D
i just thank you for your notics that i'm sure it's will help me to make my project better , and i'm sure will take it in minde

but just i want to respond on some ditails that why i did that whay :

yes you right , but it i don't know it will be look strange mybe than how it looks now , i just don't know

ya i really know that and the mini is famous with that roof , i ttend to do it flat for the shape looks of the body i don't want it to look bumpy every where , and i don't want it look like the original mini as will at some corners , like the door shape , also the doors had no handel to open becase i made it open by electrecity key:D:D

the rear end looks too bulky

i feel the oppesite , i feel it nee to be more bulky , but you agree with me that it's not bulky as this :
http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...d1246758355-im-searching-no-plate-mini_01.jpg

it's look normal to me , i don't know what you mean exactlly , can you cleear more if you can ?

i really thank you for your great notics

greenvampire

Super Moderator
no problem mate, i didnt know if you had intended for the design to look like that, or if it was mistakes, but I think you ment it to be different :)

about the rear end, I didnt mean bulky width (I like your models width, it looks like a wide bodykit :D ) I meant the slope of it, going from rear bumper to rear roof, not sure how to explain it really, dont worry about it ;)

no problem mate, i didnt know if you had intended for the design to look like that, or if it was mistakes, but I think you ment it to be different
no man who told you it's an mistake , i attendet to do it like that for sure , becase i saide before i didn't have any refrance photos at all i just imagin the bodykit , the front bumper i don't want it like the photo of the wihte car for sure it's way diffrent from what i want i meant the littele bump at the end

all i was having is an poor mini copper magazin i was reading latly and that's when the idea come to me , but i really didnt finde any single bodykit in there also it was some side roof modification

and one thing for sure that this can't be a mistak , i start the blueprint you see above and i didn't even make the original car look i start to creat the body kit on the blueprint it self , so i just hav the modification V and didn't start the original look and then start to think about the body kit

greenvampire

Super Moderator
I think you miss-understood me... I wasnt saying you made a mistake... I was saying I didnt know if you had, or if you intended to make it look different,

I was saying, I understand that you wanted it to look different. chill

I think you miss-understood me... I wasnt saying you made a mistake... I was saying I didnt know if you had, or if you intended to make it look different,

I was saying, I understand that you wanted it to look different. chill
ya i'm sorry if i miss-understood you, i just wanted to clear things up nothing more i didn't mean anything ;);):)

I thought I'd get this thread back on track. So here it goes.

Hi. I loved the little mini since I was a kid. I like what you did to the fenders . I like the wheels. I like the flatter roofline. I really like your "final" render. The color choice is nice.
You are obviously happy with your results. Your model is better than many I have seen posted online.
So here comes the stuff you may not like to hear.
Although your "final" render is really good this piece needs a little thing we call details. Little things that start to make a model look real. For example; door handles,fog lights , wipers, an antenna, marque badging. You get the idea.
There's alot of time left in this little competition and I think you have a lot more inside you to offer. If you have time in your life get in there and hammer out the little details. Make it real.

metabadger

So here comes the stuff you may not like to hear.
Although your "final" render is really good this piece needs a little thing we call details. Little things that start to make a model look real. For example; door handles,fog lights , wipers, an antenna, marque badging. You get the idea.
There's alot of time left in this little competition and I think you have a lot more inside you to offer. If you have time in your life get in there and hammer out the little details. Make it real.
i just want to say 1st that the ditals is the word i put in minde when i get backa nd work on this car

i'm really very happy with your comment , and i'd love to here more like that from you

now:

door handles > i didn't make becase i said befor it's will open by electricti key , but also no minde to put it in minde also

fog lights > there is some ditails i leaved to later time to dicede exsactlly what i want to do about it , and things i didn't know about , this one i was thinking of it befor i start to work on the render sence , i know what you mean by the details and i'm thinking too at thise level of details right now

wipers, antenna > yes this one i forgote to consider when i modeling , but you need to know too that not every details you need to put and model if you don't need them , like now i'm making a race car , so the wipers will be good to model but the Antenna i'm not sure , you know what , when you make an race car and some people say for e : "why not make an antenna " , " the car is not like the blueprint " , "why the body look like that " , becase it's an race cars and i'm attend to make it diffrent , i mean there is some details you need to delet them from the car if you don't need them

i just want to let you what i'm thinking also to get the idea , but like i saide every thing you said and more i'm sure will consider it at the moment

like the fog light's i was also thinking of it latlly , the antenna i don't know becase this is a race car ( i would like to know your opinion also about this point as the ) , the wipers i will try to model it today mybe if i had time

but what you mean by the marque badging?

Hi. Details are details. It really doesn't matter what they are. I once thought a rendered image was real simply because the artist had put a coke can on the roof. Marque badging would be the manufacturers logo. The ford blue oval or Chevy bowtie for example.