Real World Racer : Mazda RX-7

S

sfookar

Ay advan, You should make trees using two crossed planes about the size as the tree itself, and map them with alpha textures :]

^ ^ you could do that, or if you manage to find a script that does this - map a plane with tree texture, and rig it so it faces the camera all the time, this could work I think...

made some progress. Looks a bit crap now but I haven't spent much time yet rendering. Just getting modeling and texturing done. Also, I have a problem with rotation. When I rotate my tires 45 degrees, and then trying to rotate them in that direction, it just wobbles all over the place. Any way to make it so that i can spin the tire in a 45 degree direction?

Attachments

45 degrees, I assume you mean rolling forwards, rather than steering?, well it should only wobble if your wheels have cambered, in that case use a local pivot to rotate without wobbling, works for stills.

The IC

uses too many smileys
if you animate the wheels spinning in their default rotation position, then link them to a dummy/point helper, you can then rotate the dummy to whatever orientation you need and the wheels should spin correctly while pointing in the new direction

thanks guys, i got it working now. Small render for now. I fixed the leaf size and added some more in. Next i'll add a mountain backdrop and then start making a scheme for fd. hehe, i'm starting to enjoy making this scene now.

Attachments

I could have sworn that I had commented on this piece a couple of times. Lord knows I look at it often enough. I must have decided not not to swell your head with all compliments.

Metabadger

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
your scene looks to have promiseof looking very realistic, but it looks like it has too much contrast (lights are too bright, darks are too dark)

thanks all, I think i'll try to find a nice photo of nurburgring and copy the lighting. + I think some rain would look uberly cool :D Maybe If I have time i'll try that.

A buddy of mine suggested that I make this. So i photoshopped it some and I like it a lot.

It's not much for now, trying to get the UVmap right for the rear half. lol, needs work on the color of blue banner

Attachments

wooooooooooooooooooooo, 5 minutes to make the skin, 12312319308 minutes to make uvmap >:|

edit:

lol just ignore the texturing error on other white parts, forgot to make a different material without bitmap

Attachments

ya tell me about it , it's take so long

back about the v-ray scatter , i found by accedant a free scater tool made by some one (i didn't read all becase i'm not intreseted with it at the moment ) and it's free to downlaod too , i thought to tell you that if you don't know man
the link :
http://www.max3dstuff.com/max4/scatter/help.html

and one more thing , is there a way to put a colure map in diffuse slot if there was an fallof map iside diffuse slot too , i don't want to blind them becase the map it's not a white & black map , i'm having car matirial with fallof map in diffuse slot and i'm also want to put an bitmap also to the same matirial

good work there man i loved your car skin , good luck with the rest of the car