Real World Racer Aussie Ford Falcon GT HO

After seeing some of the awesome creations in this contest so far, I thought I would give it a go. I've decided to model An Australian classic muscle car... The Ford Falcon XY GTHO phase III. I haven't decided in which direction I will then modify the car yet but I am thinking it will be either to the style of an Australian V8 supercar or a drag car. Hopefully I will finish this project in time.

Attachments

Grill and front look great.

Probably my only crit would be the roof area. The sides look a little upright maybe??

So what are you plans to turn this into a racer. Genuine Bathurst or something else?:)

Great car. Looking forward to more.:)

Hi. I love seeing the the old iron. It appears that you are doing this one justice. Take a close look at the outboard area just below the taillight. You also have a very obvious geometry issue at the leading edge of your front fender where it meets the hood. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this piece.

metabadger

Rawz

I found this thread after doing a search for just this car. Have you done this work from blueprints or your own pics?

I requested this car in the blueprints sections a while ago, been searching long and hard for some drawings and would really like a go at this car too... with a twist for some friends.

If you've done this from your own hard photography that's cool, I'll set out to do the same.

rrz

I haven't been able to find a good set of blueprints for this beast either. The ones I used were from The-Blueprints.com . They only really give you the overall shape. Most of the detail has come from photos and the real thing. I decided to turn mine into a full-on drag car Aussie Street Machine style. I just hope I can get it done in time.

Rawz

I haven't been able to find a good set of blueprints for this beast either. The ones I used were from The-Blueprints.com . They only really give you the overall shape. Most of the detail has come from photos and the real thing. I decided to turn mine into a full-on drag car Aussie Street Machine style. I just hope I can get it done in time.
Hey thanks for that, the pics from Blueprints are a start. It's time to track one down at a car show I think, although a clear shot at any angle isn't guaranteed it'll provide the thrill of the hunt.

Good luck with your great piece of Aussie Road Iron. I gotta say too that chris20's clay Monaro is also veeeerry nice.

rrz

Mate If there's any particular part of the car that you may need for your future model just let me know, my parents have an XW fairmont sitting in their garage. would be only to happy to help with ref pics.

Yeah, I like this old Aussie Muscle Cars. But why do you need to do this "Pimp my Ride"-stuff? a classic Old-School-look should fit better to this car than this modern tuning stuff.

(sorry for my english, I am in practice ;) )

Ooo nice update.:) Would be a real shame if you couldnt finish it for the comp. Although I know exactly how you feel about lack of time.

Each to their own as far as "pimping goes". It is a race car after all.