Porsche 911 GT3

helicase

what kind
It's easy to see it being 42 million with account of the fine detailing like the speaker and bumper grills.
Craziness
He has 32 gigs of ram and a 780 graphics card, no wonder how he gets away with it. poly modeling like he is doing is a different creature, i would probably need 64 gigs of ram to do this in rhino lol.

Am curious on your fir extinguisher... are you turbo smoothing it and adding a displace modifier to get those fine details? or is this bump? look really really good

adozv

Many thanks guys! It makes me happy that you like it.

Am curious on your fir extinguisher... are you turbo smoothing it and adding a displace modifier to get those fine details? or is this bump? look really really good
It is combination of both in case of fire extinguisher. Turbosmooth is applied on low poly geometry and atop of that is a displace modifier for welds. Then there is also a noise map used in material for those subtle surface bumps.

adozv

Thank you guys very much! Time to post an update. Last few months I've been working very hard on the environment for this car, just to clear my head a little and think about something else for awhile:) Here's another scene detail from it, an impact wrench, or "wheel gun". Hope you like it. Looks like from now and on, this thread will not be about the Porsche at all, but many other things, hope you don't mind:)

Attachments

Modelling and textures is just flawless! If I recall correctly, I remember you saying you do all shading in 3ds max, but can you get the same result with Vray for C4D ?

adozv

Thank you very much guys, glad you like it.
Modelling and textures is just flawless! If I recall correctly, I remember you saying you do all shading in 3ds max, but can you get the same result with Vray for C4D ?
You can get 100% identical results in Vray for C4D. The reason I stopped using it, is incredible slow development, few cool tools and features are still missing even after so many years of development; the speed of rendering and no node based material editor in C4D. Also procedural texturing is far ahead in max than in C4D, although in the latest versions of vray for c4d it's much better than what it used to be. What I like about max is the ability to work with really complex and heavy scenes with ease. Yeah and one last thing, vray in max uses less memory. So as you can see , in my opinion, there is absolutely no reason to use vray for c4d:)