Porsche 911 GT3

adozv

Hello guys, to promote my new facebook page I decided to start another personal project. It's been quite a long time since I posted any WIP of my projects online, so now I'm back and I hope I'll get some feedback from you.

To immerse myself more into the world of Porsche, I even visited Porsche museum in Stuttgart, so you can expect this model to be super-high detailed as usual as I am very excited about it:) I'm planning to customize the body of the car a little bit to make it more interesting and probably make a racing version of it. Also there will be some damage, dirt and scratches on the car as well, so don't expect anything nice and shiny here!!

As always I'm starting with the wheels and the badge, as I like to model the things I hate first. I was going for slightly used look for the wheels, so that you can tell they had been through some rough racing conditions and that pit stop mechanics don't treat them gently. Hope you like it so far, more to come soon!! Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

adozv

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate your comments.

Now, here's a small update. Base mesh almost ready, just needs some polishing and tweaking and then the detailing process can start. Since there isn't a proper blueprint for this car I'm using several modeling techniques to get it done, such as, spline cage, photos, side view of carrera version and my eyes, so some things may be a bit off. In next steps it will become a customized GT3, so stay tuned!!!

Cheers

Attachments

adozv

Thank you very much guys! Some updates made on the rear bumper. I would say it is 90% finished, just needs some parts to be finished plus some tweaking/fixing. Once that's done, I'll proceed to the front of the car. I'll get back to the tail lights later on, when all body work is done. Cheers!

Attachments

adozv

Hi guys, another update here. To show you how truly committed I am to this project, I decided to make detailed exhaust for this car, even though it won't be visible very much. I've gone a bit crazy on details, but what the hell, let's make this project special and awesome! I'll add a grill to the bottom of the rear bumper later on, so that at least a bit of it will be visible. Hope you like it. Render will come next...

Attachments

adozv

Thank you guys, glad you like it! Here is finished rendering of the exhaust. Later on I'll probably add more wear/damage and dirt layers to it, so for now all is very subtle. Hope you like it. Now let's finish the body!

Attachments