Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1980

naMReg

Well, maybe it doesn't end up as the one in the picture but, here we go!!! :p

Here, the blueprint:

On the next post I'll show you the scene layout..... see you then.

Cheers!!!

Attachments

naMReg

After looking at other users' choices, i think I made a mistake choosing mine :( but anyway, I'm going to do it, maybe mine is the last real muscle car ever :) So here we go...

First of all I placed the blueprints on my scene, I use Maya btw, and will render it (hopefully) with Mental Ray :D

As you can see, I made my planes visible only by one side so I can rotate it freely later on, and the planes won't interfere.

Then I created a box with the real measurements of the Firebird and scaled and fited the blueprints correctly so my model will be in the best scale possible :D

More to come, stay tuned :p

naMReg

I've seen some Pontiac GTO that look so powerful, so mean and barbarian, hahaha :D
I really lke those old muscle cars (I mean ancient) that look like if you step on the accelerator too much, the engine would just break through the front grill and leave without you :p
I'll do one of them one day.

I think the Pontiac Firebird i chose is great too, but, maybe, not compared to the others. I'm going to finish it and more after looking at this pic I found :

:p

Cheers.... I'm setting up the first lines, let's see if I can post them before night falls :D

naMReg

Just a little update, I made the whole shape and now I'm ready to make the head lights and finish the tail. I'm making the roof in a way so later on I'll be able to make both versions, the hard top one and the removable roofs version.

naMReg

Haha! Finally an update! I've been waiting for this one! Looking good, no crits from me!
KMyers-MG said:
Very nice start.... I too have been patiently awaiting shots of this one....
Sorry for the delay guys :D you should have told me this xD:p I'm glad you are liking it too.

I've been making some tests about how to star this model only with polygons and I didn't get nice results. Now I think I'm in the right pace here. I made the rear window and now I want to really focus on the front lights and bumper, they looked easy to me at the beginning but it's driving me nuts now:artistic:

Thanks Mr.So Much for that link, the logos come in vector drawing formats so it's very cool for scaling :D
Nashwan said:
Coming along nicely, looks spot on so far. Are you going to do the firebird graphic on the hood?
Definitely I'll try to do that and more, as the subtle lines that outline the fenders and bumpers and the little wings on the side.

Cheers!!!

naMReg

Hi, another update. I've finished the overall shape of the front and now I'll start to extrude back the head lights holes and refine a little the whole shape.
I smoothed it to preview it, so you'll see some holes where there shouldn't be :D

I hope you are liking it :D

naMReg

Another update, just in time before I go to bed...

Do you like this GIFs that I do to show both wireframe and smoothed views? Please tell me if the time loop is too long or too short :D

I'm noticing great fans of the Pontiac Firebird here..... hopefully I won't disappoint you ;)

Cheers!!!!

naMReg

Sure Johnas, here you have it. Maybe the front looks a little messy but it was the only way I found that could work for a shape that's flat in one side and becomes rounded on the other sides :D I selected some pieces to show the different parts I'm playing with right now.

naMReg

Hey chris20, thanks for commenting ;)

The front spoiler. I guess it needs some refining to do but, it's a muscle car, it doesn't understand refining :p and with the dirt I want to put on it, it will look alright, don't you think?