Please Stop E-Mailing Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys from SMCars,

I didn´t find something like a feedback forum so I am posting here, hope it's ok.

Recently I´m getting every 3 weeks or so this E-Mail:

Hello, brunp!
We've noticed that you've not been active on Scratch Made Cars - Car Blueprints Forum for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?
I think perhaps it is ok to send an e-mail like this once a year but doing so every 3 weeks could be described as spam. That´s why I kindly ask to please stop this.

sincerely
BruNP

Before I returned here I also got this irritating mail for at least 2 or 3 times, once every 3 weeks.

I think it happens if you don't visit SMC for a month

tom120934

Administrator
I'm really sorry about the inconveniance, brunp. What we intended to achieve through these emails, is reminding you there is a huge and nice and active community you can get benefit from but.

Maybe you wasn't aware you can configure your account here not to receive e-mails anymore. No problems about that, I just did it for you.

PS : These emails go only to inactive members. Which you are not exactly, Nik ;)

Yes it should come every 30 day if user hasn't been active. Reason we are sending this message is that SMC has massive amount of inactive users. With this reminder we have already got few old users back here, so it has done its job well.

It's automatic script that sends the message to all who haven't visited in 30 days and unfortunately I cannot stop it to send messages to you only. If you find it as spam then why don't you just delete and ignore it or you could visit us more often? :)

Maybe you wasn't aware you can configure your account here not to receive e-mails anymore. No problems about that, I just did it for you.
Thanks a lot.

Yes it should come every 30 day if user hasn't been active. Reason we are sending this message is that SMC has massive amount of inactive users. With this reminder we have already got few old users back here, so it has done its job well.
To every user who gets this mail, it is clear why you are doing this and as I said I think it is ok to do this once a year or so. But a user who ignored this mail once, will probably not change his mind when he gets this mail once a month. More probably he will get angry about it ;)

If you find it as spam then why don't you just delete and ignore it or you could visit us more often? :)
Of course I deleted it but that doesn´t change the fact that falls on your nerves to get it again and again...didn´t you ever get mad about spam ? ;)

Well I for 1 find them handy as I tend to get busy and forget to visit places like this...likely wouldnt have remembered this fine site had Inot gotten these repetitive e mails which always spur me to come here and check the place out...happy to have them myself.. ...

Of course I deleted it but that doesn´t change the fact that falls on your nerves to get it again and again...didn´t you ever get mad about spam ? ;)
I got filters in my Thunderbird for spam :D

Anyways we are trying to find a solution to your issue. First I'll try to find if there is update for the script we are using. :)

This message is still being frequently sent out. What amazes me though is that anyone can think this is a smart idea to bring back users. All you are doing is pissing them off. If I don't come back after the first email what makes you think i will after the 10th?

Seriously guys with the amount of spam already out there do you really want to be one of those adding to it? Very uncool.

I will now be setting my profile to not receive messages from you and I will NOT be back.

helicase

i just send all forum and registering anything online to one gmail account, and everything else goes to the good one :). I suggest you do the same if you don't like the spam.

We've found that this often is a friendly reminder about SMC for Users that sign up, grab their one needeed Blueprint and leave. More people find it useful than a hinderence...

A note to all Users, in future, please PM our Staff with regards to matters like this. There's no need at all to publicly voice your outrage on a Forum that's dedicated for the use of helping others.

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.