PhotoModeling

Hi Persephone, camera match utility cannot match Imagemodeler for photomodeling, but it can compliment it. Example - if you have calibrated a project and created the spline cage in 3ds Max, you can use another image that is NOT used in ImageModeler in camera match utility. Let's say that your ImageModeler project does not have a top view, you can use a top image of a different resolution using camera match. Hope I am clear. Just a side note camera match is not very precise and can only be used for validation of your spline cage.
Thank you for answer. I think that cameramatch can be most flexible by creating guide points at recognisable spots and then drawing the cage, using the matched photos as references. But unlike ImageModeler, Cameramatch requires at least dimensions and at least more orthognal photos.

I wonder if perspectivematch gives good results. I tried fspy and blender which is similar but it definetly requires a lot further calibration.

Thank you for answer. I think that cameramatch can be most flexible by creating guide points at recognisable spots and then drawing the cage, using the matched photos as references. But unlike ImageModeler, Cameramatch requires at least dimensions and at least more orthognal photos.

I wonder if perspectivematch gives good results. I tried fspy and blender which is similar but it definitely requires a lot further calibration.
camera match and perspective match are just not good enough for accuracy, ImageModeler can get you 90-95% accuracy, even more. All depends on how accurately you place the locators.