PhotoModeling

Jpaang

PhotoModeling Method 2. Part 1

Before you start:
There are some important facts you need to know before you begin with insight3D.

1) This program is not very stable. If you press the wrong buttons, it crashes.
2) Some options to avoid:
Matching, we won't be using this feature
3) If you click "Automatic Calibration" more than once, the program crashes.
to avoid this you must click "Begin New Calibration" first. Now you can
safely hit Automatic Calibration with no crashing
4) You will need to create a new directory to store your save files and photos.
Example: C:\Insight3D\Cars\Kia_Optima_Hybrid\ the directory should have no
spaces. I know this is wierd but its just how the program was put together.
5) Always save your file with the proper extensions: optima_hybrid.i3d

Did you make with only image modeler?

how do you make spline cage?
Hi etatar, spline cage was made in 3ds after all cameras and ref pictures was in place. With image modeler I only calibrates cameras and after that putted some ref points. Look at the pic. There are total 101 points(Calibration = 17, Modeling = 83). Before you ask why so many it's because is easyer to align spline vertex to point that I already have if you know what I mean. In the other hand if you don't make Modeling points you will have to move everything manauly in your 3d software(Note that it is harder like that).

About the spline cage then. If you know basic about splines in your modelling soft than that shouldn't be a problem and if you don't look at this video: Modeling with Splines - Part 1 - YouTube I think it explains everything pretty well. Best regards.

Attachments

E

ettore

Would someone who has experience in this comment on my post #80. The Y axis (green) does not point to the correct vanishing point. How do I correct this? Do I need more locators? All locators are green.

Would someone who has experience in this comment on my post #80. The Y axis (green) does not point to the correct vanishing point. How do I correct this? Do I need more locators? All locators are green.
Sorry..had no time for an answer ))

you need more locators, and more photos, and you should place them not only on side of a car, but on right part too

i'll post some screenshots in a few minutes

added: wrong direction of Y axis may be caused by wrong picking of locators (maybe you missed the one you need and it snapped to other)

Attachments

Hi etatar, spline cage was made in 3ds after all cameras and ref pictures was in place. With image modeler I only calibrates cameras and after that putted some ref points. Look at the pic. There are total 101 points(Calibration = 17, Modeling = 83). Before you ask why so many it's because is easyer to align spline vertex to point that I already have if you know what I mean. In the other hand if you don't make Modeling points you will have to move everything manauly in your 3d software(Note that it is harder like that).

About the spline cage then. If you know basic about splines in your modelling soft than that shouldn't be a problem and if you don't look at this video: Modeling with Splines - Part 1 - YouTube I think it explains everything pretty well. Best regards.

i think this explaining is very very clear.
thanks bloodyzyy

follow you

E

ettore

VitD, Thanks for the explanation. I'm on another project now, but will get back to it as soon as I can.

E

ettore

While SK Match Photo works best on architectural subjects, the same could be said for any photo modeling software, due to the many right angles and straight lines. I'm wondering if it has the potential of helping to model from photos. I'm up to my ears in projects or I would try it so threw the suggestion out there. Hey Jpaang , where's those tutorials?

Jpaang

Caught up on my school work, so im back!

currently working on a good but very long step-by-step tutorial on modeling with blender and insight3d. It goes very deep into detail. I promise it will be good!

E

ettore

Yippee! I'm looking forward to it although Blender doesn't like me and I don't like Blender, but I would be tempted to try it again.

TomiL

The Land Cruiser Maniac
Caught up on my school work, so im back!

currently working on a good but very long step-by-step tutorial on modeling with blender and insight3d. It goes very deep into detail. I promise it will be good!
It better be! *shakes fist* heh anyway looking forward to it. I really like to know hor to photomodel.

Need Helps with Files

Hi guys,

i think there is no any tutorial, all of guys ask way of the this technique.
i want to post a "Post_ım-to-max.rar" file atached file this file inculede .rzi, .max, car texture files.

i want to try make of spline cage using (Example_Audi_A6_Allroad.zip)

but i pass the import and camera maping section (max file inculer)

what will be do in here ? how can i organize camera and plane, and after create spline cage?

i wait yours helps,

in here atached rar file and process import and camera maping process

Files in here

i find solution

i find solution
after setup of the camera map (WSM) Modifier.
you select the all of the cameras, locators, and Planes
rotate all of thems the x-y plane.
after select the planes move to local z axis (local z axis means (move to x-y surface))
after plane scale and you only see one car image like this
make setup for the all of planes.
and after you are ready draw 3d spline cage, use snap pivot point. select line and draw the spline cage.

i will re-post spline cage and image modeler screenshoot.

is it true for these process?

Attachments

is it true for these process?
yes...
after you positioned your planes with cameramap wsm, you can rightclick on wsm modifier and select "collapse to" to "bake" mapping
after that you can pan and zoom(fov tool) your camera