Oscar's play–abouts

helicase

Thanks!

Yeah, there is a certain tendency of too much styling in todays automotive sketching. But the way I see it is - learn to draw like the pro's, then start finding your own style. :)

Aston Martin you say? Not bad, least it's British. :) Beautiful cars as well.
Sounds reasonable to me, i'm an engineer irl, and i don't do class A surfacing except in my free time for fun as a hobby. They didn't teach me any art in college, except this art history class I took randomly (but that's it haha). You will possibly end up doing the real thing one day I bet! When i see people doing sketches like you do it amazes me.

goran333

Oh that would be nice to see in 3d :)...Second sketch reminds me of Bentley Hunaudieres :) Am just curious have you ever tried Apple Pencil-iPad Pro combo, and if you did, does it perform better than Wacom stuff?

Oscar J

Thanks guys!

Goran: I bought a Wacom Cintiq HD Touch for like 1000 € this summer, only to find out that the iPad Pro actually feels more responsive when drawing... -.- Not to mention the much better screen, the fact that you can use it for a thousand other things.

Still, I'd recommend you try both before buying anything. :)

Some PS + Wacom over one of the rough sketches.
r+c 1.jpg

helicase

Thanks guys!

Goran: I bought a Wacom Cintiq HD Touch for like 1000 € this summer, only to find out that the iPad Pro actually feels more responsive when drawing... -.- Not to mention the much better screen, the fact that you can use it for a thousand other things.

Still, I'd recommend you try both before buying anything. :)

Some PS + Wacom over one of the rough sketches. View attachment 160769
Do you have a good comp and the wacom is still slow? How did you know about the ipad being more responsive?

future of sketching?

goran333

Ohhhh man that looks nice. Like Cosmin, i'm curious as well how you did that fluid looking red thing :) You are so good at post work i can't tell anymore whats geometry and what's you behind wacom:) More please.

Oscar J

Thanks a lot guys!

Oh how I wish I could tell you this is all modelled with uttermost precision and attention to detail, but the truth is it's not. Having reached a level in poly modelling I'm reasonably comfortable with, I'm not going for technical perfection and a flawless model this time. I'm not afraid to use triangles for example, or using odd solutions to get the result that I'm after.

I'm in the process of building a portfolio, and what matters is simply having a nice and varied body of work, including visually attractive sketches, renders, real world clay models, etc.

Right, enough with the excuses now - here are some wires and viewports. A ton of stuff is still WIP of course, especially windows, front, etc.

As you can see - most of the rear lights are basically emitting textures, a ton of reflecting materials and a the nice red tinted covering glass mesh. Very simple.

Attachments