Nissan 180sx 240sx contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

50cent

Well as you know we have an idea of making a 180sx and 240sx contest so we wanted to ask you if we do it who want to join it and we will need somme people to tell us how cars look and we would use all the same bp and please if it can help me tell me how many poly it could be the limit and if we should do all the same stock car or tune car so i am waiting for an enswer :D

50cent

ok well here is the bp and i think that the nissan we can make it tune stock or whatever we want we only have to judge of the work and poly placement and from now all that i know its that i should restart the car so thats what i am going to do and event better

Attachments

50cent

your right and i have be thinking about this type of 180sx that we should make is it ok for you all
Image delete
well dont have pics of the back so we can make ours

--------EDIT----------
well after i have talk to motax its seems thats its bether for everyone to make diferent cars so we can judges by style and motax will make the rule for us

I'm making a 240Sx with S14 frontend conversion, I've started my car last night, my polycount is ok, any problem or I'll have to start a new one?

I'm still making it and won't make a new one, add poly by poly in zmodeler all again is abit boring , you know ;)

cya!

Ill be one of the judges. But ill need 2 people with modeling experience to join me in the judging process.

Here are some rules i made:

- You can start modeling whenever you like, as long as its done at the 1st of March.
- The maximum amount of polies you can use is 20000
- The carbody has to be a 180sx, however, conversions are allowed, as long as the rearbody is 180sx. So sil-80's etc. are allowed, One-via's etc. arent.
- Everything on the model has to be made by yourself. So no help from the outside.
- You can get points on the following things :

- Model ; We will look at the polyplacement, flatshading and normals of the model.
- Textures ; We will look at the texture quality, and also how they look on the model.
- Originality ; Did you design certain things on the car yourself, or did you take them from an existing company?.
- Styling ; How does the car look, is it a nice combination of rims/color/bodykit?

Posting pics of the car in public is allowed, but do remember that some people might steal your idea's ;)
Thats all i can think off for now, if there is anything more, ill let you guys know :)

50cent

CopperHeaD° said:
I'm making a 240Sx with S14 frontend conversion, I've started my car last night, my polycount is ok, any problem or I'll have to start a new one?

I'm still making it and won't make a new one, add poly by poly in zmodeler all again is abit boring , you know ;)

cya!
Ok great motax and no copper you dont have to start it again

harhar i can show my mighty spline modeling skills *joke*

i could be a judge but i will model a car

edit: we need only model tha chasis without interior or with interior?

xx

And what about a modeling program ? Is it indifferent ? There is a big difference between a car made in Zmod and a car made in 3dsm :/...

Its up to you if you make an interior or not, as long as you stay within the polylimits...
Oh, btw, i forgot to mention, with polies, i mean triangles, so not squares ;)

[EDIT] It doesnt matter which program you use, there wont be much difference, as long as you stay within the polylimits...

Ok i will be on for these comp (thanks to 50cent for inviting me) and yeah i'm new around here maybe i will stick around for a while here at smcars... but just have some questions.

1- Will it be a nfs4 or nfs6 car or it will be a free model?
2- Stock or Tuned Model?
3- Tex size limits?

And if any one think i'm a name stealer (cause in nfscars there is a b_angelr), no i'm B_AngelR.... so don't take me by a noob :lol:

The_Newmanator said:
will we get points taken off it its say, 5000 polies instead of 20000? cause i hate modeling really high poly....and do we have to use that blueprint? its so small....
well i know that but i dont see any better bp so if you can find good one show it to us and those bpare really great and about the polly its because i always get to 20000 and you just have to build like to 5000 poly the limit is 20000 so 5000 is below

Da_Motax said:
Oh, btw, i forgot to mention, with polies, i mean triangles, so not squares ;)
"Squares" (quads) are basically 2 Tri's made at the same time, so you can't really discount them. When the polycount is calculated in 3dsmax it counts the tris on the model, not the quads. I dont think you should discount them just because they are not actual tri's, they're only 2 joined together afterall.

- You can start modeling whenever you like, as long as its done at the 1st of March.
I think it's alot of time to make a model, I think that a week or 2 is already enough to make everything ;)

My 180SX body is ready to texture now, it have 2780 polys without wheels and turnlights (S14 turnlights). My 240SX topic is "on hold" until the contest, oppinions and suggestions are apreciated but I'll not post pics of it to avoid copy.

You guys could post here what are the basic mods you're making (superficial things like, conversion frontend, bodykit, don't need to post every detail by now ;) )

cya!

Here is one of the few updates i will do (i will keep updating till i start to add detail to the car...) i need to fix on something on the hood, but as always i was to lazy to do it.. and also wanted to go to sleep so this will be the only pic today :roll:

-------------------------------
Edit: By the way the model is beeing made in zmod and the render was made in LW

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.