Murcielago and LP640

ColdFlame

check your front bumper lip :p it is wrong.but great job!!!!

btw which prints u use ? the ones that have thick black lines :p?

Well, I did a few more renders of the front. I tried to fix some things, but I still have some more work to do. The renders this time are just a software render instead of Mental Ray.
ColdFlame: The prints are from the Advanced Modeling course DVDs. They are hand drawn so the students have some experience working with those types of blueprints if they decide to take on a career of modeling. Let me know if I fixed the front bumper. I tried working on it, but it still looks like it needs some more tweaking.
scooter79rs: Yeah, I need to work on the grills. I am going to redo the rear grills, particularly the middle one since it doesn't mirror correctly. I still need to make one for the lower side air intake.

Attachments

ColdFlame

I wish i i had those prints :(...The bumper lip looks fixed.But NE knows that shape better than me i think he will comment when he is back from holiday...Check the attachment.And fix the things i mentioned...Rest looks awesome ....

Attachments

I managed to get some more work done on the model. Added the front side reflector, put in the new front grill, did the grill for the lower side air vent, worked on the window behind the door and remade the grill behind it. Also, I worked on what coldflame pointed out. Up next is the grills on the back of the car.

Coldflame: the prints are ok, but not great. I took a look at the blueprints here and they look more accurate. Since the ones I am using are hand drawn, they have some flaws here and there.

Attachments

Well, I final got back to work on the Murcielago over the past week after a long break from it, so I thought that I would post an update. I got some more done on the rear grills, the logo, the symbol, and the rims. I will post the rims after I get some more work done on them.

Thanks for the comments so far, guys.

Attachments

Apart from the few inaccuracies, it's looking great :)
Not gonna crit on those, because it's mostly nitpicking.. Except, if you want me to, ofcourse ;)

Thought I post the front rims. There are a few things that need some work on, but I'll post it anyway.

@ clix101 - Thanks.

@ NightEye - Sure, if want to point out the inaccuracies, feel free to do so.

@ VertexWorshiper - I pretty much stuck with Polygons, but I did use a NURBS primitive today for a part of the rim. However, before the model was started I constructed a curve network in the general shape of the car to snap the vertices to when I started modeling. That was part of the Advanced Modeling course.

Attachments

DJP

great work on murcielago... and that rim is awesome... can we see wires.. pls. btw... are you gonna do the interior and engine as well?

@ DJP - Thanks. I included the wires for ya... and yes I am going to to do the interior and the engine as well. I plan on working on the interior as soon as I finish the front and rear tires as well as finishing some tweaking on the exterior.

@ NightEye - Yeah, I thought the center section of the rim looked too shallow as well. I am going to do the adjustments for the rear rim after I finish tweaking the front rim. Oh, and the part that needs to be black on the engine cover, I am going to do that when I do the final renders. If I apply two different shader to a smooth proxy, Maya destroys the connection between the low poly mesh and the smoothed version. So that will have to wait until later. I'll try to post some of the improvements later today or tomorrow.

@ allowit - Thanks. I'm not really sure how to do the rear lights yet. I'm going to look at some tutorials and see how others created their headlights and rear lights. Right now I'm leaning towards modelling them, but textureing them would be a good learning experience.

Attachments

Almost finished with the tires. Just need to do some more tweaking and some texturing. Before I do that, I plan on doing some tweaking on the car body and maybe start working on the interior.

@ DJP - Thank you for the comments. I very much intend to finish this project because it is going to be one of the models in my portfolio.

Attachments