Mobil1 NSX Texturing HELP

Hi all, ive spent a while modelling this Mobil 1 NSX, id like to say im quite good at modelling, but texturing, im sh*t.

So im just wondering if anyone could help me unwrap this, ive tried alott of times but i just cant get something im pleased with. Also, after ive put a TS of 1 on my model, the Unwrapping is veryyy slow so its quite annoying.

Any feedback is welcome :)

Attachments

EquiNOX

Hi all, ive spent a while modelling this Mobil 1 NSX, id like to say im quite good at modelling, but texturing, im sh*t.

So im just wondering if anyone could help me unwrap this, ive tried alott of times but i just cant get something im pleased with. Also, after ive put a TS of 1 on my model, the Unwrapping is veryyy slow so its quite annoying.

Any feedback is welcome :)
The model looks nice... You should learn how to unwrap it yourself because that can benefit for your future in case you are doing it again. Unwrapping shouldn't be hard at all. You should turn off TS while unwrapping.

Hope that help

Falango

Unwrapping a model and texturing go together as well. When 20 people model the same object, every single one will have different topology. The same goes for unwrapping. Someone might like to unwrap things differently as well, based on how they like to texture things. Unwrapping a model is something you should learn to do. It's not a skill you can just pick up by looking at someone's completed model. You have to learn how the tools work, find out why they do what they do, and what tools are the best for certain surfaces, and certain results you are looking for.

As EquiNOX says, make sure you turn off TS when you unwrap. You will want to turn it on from time to time to make sure your UVs don't stretch though. Placing seams in certain places, like making a T with the seams, will cause weird stretching most the time. This is what I see coming from Maya though, so the way the UVs stretch and mesh smooths in Max might give different results.

Thanks for all the links guys, they were helpful!

I managed to unwrap it to the best i could, its a bit messy though :p
I thought id use the Takata scheme instead of the Mobil 1, its more colourful and looks sick :) I had to make some adjustments obviously because the model was different to the Takata NSX.

Attachments

looks really awesome... a few modifications i might suggest -
the pillers beside windshield are looking too thin, perhaps you may want to add them a shell modifier (from inside) ... and the shadow in last render beneath car is really dark, that could be lightened a bit...

Cheers
SamIAm

As EquiNOX says, make sure you turn off TS when you unwrap. You will want to turn it on from time to time to make sure your UVs don't stretch though. Placing seams in certain places, like making a T with the seams, will cause weird stretching most the time. This is what I see coming from Maya though, so the way the UVs stretch and mesh smooths in Max might give different results.

-----------------------
Huge Thing For Movies --- The Vampire Diaries Season 3 DVD,Creat excellence for your life