Mitsubishi Eclipse 1998 GS-T Spline cage Max 6

Shorty

This is my 1st donation, i hope it's a good one, as there are no good or reliable prints of this car. Anyways, beeng a blind fan of this car i managed to put around erm... 3, maybe 4 blueprints into one car that you've probably seen on wip long time ago. Along these blueprints and my car i made a spline cage, i'll use it for my purposes but i think i should share it :) anyways, here it is, hope you enjoy and like it ;)

Attachments

Shorty

well for one thing, the screen doesn't represent good print style pics, and spline cage is sort of 3d already, just gotta cover it up... i dunno, i guess u just need max for this to work

Well Shorty, you might wanna try this: When you render the cage from the front, you'll still see the back. To fix that, create a copy of the spline cage, and use the surface modifier to cover up the gaps with polys. just connect spline points to get a gap-less surface. Sometimes you can ignore things like doorhandles, since they're not so relevant. Use "push" modifier to make the surface a bit smaller, so the cage is visible. Assign a background-colored material to the surface. Now go to the original spline cage, and in some rollout (render?) you make it visible in renders. Assign a dark material to the cage. Now make sure you of 4 copies of the spline and the surface, and move and rotate them, so it looks like an ordinary blueprint. Now render an orthographic view that shows the 4 cages+surfaces correct, and you have perfect prints!!

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
also, you could just put four planes in your scene, all the same color as the background of the render... probably white... just align the plane according to the view you're blocking the rest of the spline cage from. Then align them so they block the appropriate areas.

S

SlimyStrike

One question to Shorty: Do you own a Eclipse?

This is one hell of an accurate splinecage, now I only need to make it work :)

Shorty said:
This is my 1st donation, i hope it's a good one, as there are no good or reliable prints of this car. Anyways, beeng a blind fan of this car i managed to put around erm... 3, maybe 4 blueprints into one car that you've probably seen on wip long time ago. Along these blueprints and my car i made a spline cage, i'll use it for my purposes but i think i should share it :) anyways, here it is, hope you enjoy and like it ;)
Thanks for sharing this!!! No kidding. It is extremely poor how so many 1997-99 2G eclipse fans and owners out there, and nobody put blue prints or anything on the net so that the car could be graphically modelled by other fans, except for your contribution.

I was particularly interested in this particular eclipse car trim, because the 95-96 trim was a little ugly in some areas. The 97-99 trim is the best! So thanks again!

Actually, what I wanted to do is get blue prints for the 97-99 eclipse, and to eventually (after a LOT of searching) find your spline cage here is like finding GOLD. I wanted to just model this car not just because I used to own one, but also because I really believed that if Mitsubishi (and co-companies) had made this car wider by say 5 to 10 percent (body width), it would be absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Anyway, thanks for sharing again! Top effort!!