Midpoly Vehicle Contest: Pontiac Fiero

do you have a poly limit? if so, what is it? and what is your current poly count, and if no limit, then why worry about poly count?

mpfive said:
do you have a poly limit? if so, what is it? and what is your current poly count, and if no limit, then why worry about poly count?
It is for Midpoly Vehicle Contest, so it has 20000 tris limit and currently I've got 18962 (after deleting lamps).

Little changes. I don't know if I would do this openable front light, cos' I haven't found any good texture on the web. I'll just keep lookin'. I haven't also done my tire textures, but I'm working on that one. These are different than before but I've also found them on the web. I'll also try to make side and bumper light texture.
If you have other tips and solutions, let me know. Also let me know if you have found or made same textures or photos of Fiero's.
I think that maybe after the weekend I'll finish this one, cos' in next week I'll have a lot more work in school.

Attachments

A lot of work and pic's taken and here it is! At last I have made tire texture. I have also found speedometer texture on the net.
Tommorow I'll add interior mirror and maybe side vents.

Attachments

I have tried to light the scene properly. I used palat advice (overhead self illuminated huge white plane), add some reflectores but I've noticed strange reflections on the black line that runs through the middle of the car. :eek:
If you have some tips how to light the scene properly, go on and comment. :)

I know why it look like this, it's simply the problem with too much too bad selected lights, but in next renders in studio it is better.

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
the reflection line you mention seems to be coming from unwelded vertices... might want to double check the middle area of the car to make sure everything's all properly lined up and welded.

multimediaman said:
the reflection line you mention seems to be coming from unwelded vertices... might want to double check the middle area of the car to make sure everything's all properly lined up and welded.
I've checked that and it is good, but I'll be using this studio scene, so it's not a problem anymore.

I rendered only few pics, but I think I should work on the car paints and windows material so final renders will be put in here on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Today my processor almost overheat itself so I will do the next renders in series, so it can't happen again.
Wish me luck!

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
fix the mapping on your brake light so it doesn't have that odd color at the sides. it looks like part of the bodywork from the picture remains in the brake light texture.