Midpoly Vehicle Contest: Koenigsegg CCX

Excuse the renders, im learning :)

If i get time I will post more as I sort out the materials, lighting, etc.

(edit) just noticed these are a bit dark on a CRT monitor, i rendered them on a laptop, will do some lighter ones tomorrow

Attachments

Porbably the last renders before the contest ends, i wont be around from friday untill late wednesday but should have occasional net access.

The last one has my model at the top, and an 'official' Koenigsegg render from there site, not bad for 20,000 triangles put together in my spare time :)

Attachments

I must say, you did a fantastic job. Though I think that you could have used the 20k a little more effectively like in the wheel wells and other rounded edges. But that aside, you did a great job. Only thing that I know you missed is a little "bubble" on the headlight lenses. Dont feel bad though, I didnt even see it until I had the cad data right in front of my eyes, lol. Other than that, I think that maybe (maybe) the top vent that goes down to the engine could slope down a little more right before it ends (couldnt see it too well in your renders). Keep up the good work man! With stuff like that and a little refinement, youll have a job in no time! (if you dont already have one ;)

B

Thanks, I can see 'something' goes on with the outer light in pictures, but cant see what. What is this CAD data you have?

The entire engine cover was quite tricky without any blueprints, so its probably a bit off.

Zachary

jalopy madness
Thanks, I can see 'something' goes on with the outer light in pictures, but cant see what. What is this CAD data you have?
i were also wondering about that cad data?... :?
at least it aint be original CAD data from Koenigsegg Automotive AB.
(since they wont give or show it for outsiders.)

only ppl that works in Koenigsegg haves acces on that data.
(thats what ive heard from my friend whos been working in there since beginning.)