Midpoly Vehicle Contest: Citroën C5 Break

Yeah, didn't enter with the BX after all... Started this about an hour ago and it's coming along pretty nicely.. Should be done in march if I keep this speed.:grin:

Not much to see yet, but I'd love some comments.

wow, that's a good looking mesh, it's very clean work
i don't know the car well, but seems to be good so far ;)

it's going to be a hard but great contest!

Gosh, with those horrid prints, you will need my pictures sooner than I thought :grin:
The mesh is looking very solid though in terms of construction. Untill I get back to you with the reference material, make sure to use the other pictures you have. For instance the front is not at all as flat as pictured on the print. The headlights curve 'less sharply' and is slightly longer towards the rear.
Generally the prints stink lol - I can assure you I will not be modelling a C5 in near future :grin:

http://yannbertholet.free.fr/PC/DSC00895m.JPG
http://yannbertholet.free.fr/PC/DSC00904m.JPG

Thanks for the comments! :)

@T-Shine - Heh... Well I guess you're right about the prints being sucky... Could have made an easier choice then, but I'll try to complete this.
I don't know what you mean about the front not being that flat.. You might wanna point it out a bit clearer so even I understand it. ;)
I've kind of noticed that the headlights need to be longer too, and in the most recent pic you can see the current shape I'm using for them.. They are now a bit "longer" than in the pictures I showed you in my first post. Feel free to criticize the shape even more, I'm more than willing to fix it now that I haven't started on the insides of the headlights yet.

You can see some more progress on the model here too... I chamfered that stuff on the hood, though I might want to lose a few rows there to keep the polycount reasonable.. Gotta see. And I did the grille parts, though I have some doubts on their accuracy.

Bumper3D said:
You can see some more progress on the model here too... I chamfered that stuff on the hood, though I might want to lose a few rows there to keep the polycount reasonable.. Gotta see. And I did the grille parts, though I have some doubts on their accuracy.
Definitely too much chamfering on the hood, one chamfer is almost always enough for this kind of polycount limit.

Progress.

It has 10xxx tris now, mostly because there is some waste on the wheels. Will take another look at those later. :)
Not saying that there's no waste on the car itself, gotta check it out too. ;)

Anyways, as you can see, the front has changed quite a lot and even T-Shine was happy with it so I guess it's going to stay like that. The rear is too short btw, the blueprints really suck.

I am sorry I have been so busy lately, darling; I should have your pictures ready very soon - mostly interiour pictures, as I assume those are harder to obtain.

Anyway, I am really loving your mesh! Although I am not much into the C5 Break in real life, it is nothing but a pleasure to watch you doing your thing ;)
Keep it up - I will catch you on Messenger soon :)