Midpoly Contest - Audi S3

looks good so far!
for the wheels: you use brazil, i guess

try Brazil basic material with diffuse all black, high specular level (100 approx), glossiness to around 70 and to reflection map slot take fallof (change fallofftype to fresnel and activate Override Material IOR)

oh yes and the falloff-map: upper color light grey and lower color white..

btw do you have the textures for the lights from those refpics??

tom120934

Administrator
Looks good !

Maybe need some work on the headlights (a bit dark on the details)

I see some bugs here and there (rear wheel arch, or behind the door, on the edge). Are they render-artefacts ?

silvestro1 said:
looks good so far!
for the wheels: you use brazil, i guess

try Brazil basic material with diffuse all black, high specular level (100 approx), glossiness to around 70 and to reflection map slot take fallof (change fallofftype to fresnel and activate Override Material IOR)

oh yes and the falloff-map: upper color light grey and lower color white..

btw do you have the textures for the lights from those refpics??
Hi thanx for the answer, i am about to test your numbers on the brazil material, and i'll post pictures. Well the rear lights have textures and they are from FOXO's ref pics. Is it problem to use textures?

To answer to tom120934's question i'd like to ask you to circle around that area that you think wrong please. Thankx for your reply and for your observation.

Thank you for everyone and best regards!

Tools

silvestro1 said:
sure it's allowed to use textures, i'm only interested because i'm making the same model ;)
Hi, i am realy looking forward to the end of this contest, i think sam as you do :)

I'ld like to have a question. Somehow i can't make HDR reflections. I've tried with vray and with Brazil but i cannot make it. I always had bad renders. They were caotic. I've read a lot tutorials but i could not have the same result as they or as you. Somehow my materials are black and i can't see the HDR picture on them. ( only in Brazil )
Any ideas?

Keep working as well as you do now and se you at the finish line!!!!
Thank you for taking time to read my thread!

Best regards!!! to you and everyone!

tom120934

Administrator
Toolss said:
To answer to tom120934's question i'd like to ask you to circle around that area that you think wrong please. Thankx for your reply and for your observation.
Here's what you required. Many on the sides, none on rear.

Attachments

tom120934 said:
Here's what you required. Many on the sides, none on rear.
Hi i see now how you mean it. I've made a few changes on the vertexes, and i hope they are better for now. Thx for your observation!!!

Best regards

Hey thankx to everyone helping me make this Audi better, but i have a very bad news... I had a huge data lost about a month ago, my HDD died an i couldn't save my 3ds models. All i have left are these pictures from it....
When i saw that the contest's date has changed to April 1sti decided to make another model instead of the Audi. So i close this thread and i withdraw the car and i make a new thread for my new model. It will be the KNIGHT RIDER!!!. I've almost done it!! I start to upload the pictures today and u will see it soon. See you there guys!!

Thx 4 everything and best regards to all!!!