Mercury Sable GS (2005)

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
This car anyway! I tried taking pictures of it one time, and they were very oversaturated... A second attempt, and "it" was actually some stinkin' hyundai sonata that turned out to have kinda bad surroundings, so I only got a somewhat blurry rear-view...

So this is my third attempt to get this car... and now, I am proud to present, yet another taurus family member!! The sable! :grin::grin:8)8)

(Differences between this version, and the 2000-2002 version include different front bumper, and a different brake light configuration... though I'm sure, knowing me, I'll try to get an '02 sable anyway) :p

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Nice donation, but it really looks like you didn't shoot front and rear from the same height. What about using a tripod for taking shots ?

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
blame that on the topography of the parking lot. There's a lot of hills you don't realize are there until you start looking down long distances like that. All shots were taken from the window of my car as I sat in it, resting the camera on my shoulder and arm, for stability... so they should be within inches of eachother in height, but from that distance, getting the same relative elevation is going to be near impossible

I feel these are still accurate though, simply because the rear view, which was taken lower to the car than I'm normally able to get, was also taken far enough away to reduce perspective that would have occurred at the top of the vehicle.

if there were parking lots arranged in such a manner, I think it'd be awesome to be able to set up a tripod so I could get even two or three times that distance away, and max out my zoom, at which point it would be like the GT4 blueprints, where one picture can be shot, and the perspective would be virtually zero... unfortunately, I'm just not able to get setups in this manner, and if I were to, the heat distortion presented would be astronomical :(

tom120934

Administrator
I think your words really show how hard is your work for taking these photos. So thanks for the explanation and for your whole effort !

nice contributions again. the earlier cars had a light panel across the whole front end, I will also keep an Eye out for those as well and will post them in the photo section.