Mercedes SLS AMG Brabus

beacon1

Finally, i've been waiting for this thread to update. Glad your back on this car. This thread inspired me to do my SLS black series. Hope to see more.

Oscar J

Photoshop does a bad job with heavy DOF using depth maps. I saw on you Facebook that you're using Keyshot nowadays. Isn't that a bit of a downgrade?

raduteo

Super Moderator
I downgraded from Maxwell because of time, I don't have the spare time I used to, Keyshot is not that bad. I havent rendered in a year or so but starting again.

Attachments

raduteo

Super Moderator
Thank you Oscar but there are far better guys out here which can do better, I don't know all the inns and outs of Keyshot yet but it's very limited when it comes to layered materials, I have to compromise using labels (which sucks), I'm tempted to go back to maxwell but it takes too long to render..

sh00ks

Awesome shots!

As for the renderer:
Take a look at TheaRender!
A 'new' kid on the block which is beating a lot of the prime renderers on speed (CPU, GPU and CPU+GPU), quality and materials. It's unbiased engine is a real beauty: fast and physically correct (no approximate/plausible, but correct!).
The cost is also half of the prime renderers!
I don't know which modeling app you're using but It has some great direct plug-ins for SU, 3dsMax and Blender