Mercedes SLS AMG Brabus

raduteo

Super Moderator
I don't know if it will be awesome or not, it is what it is, next update will feature the fixes and more of the interior, looking forward to your SLS (race?) and thanks again for pointing out the flaws. :)

Kangal

...anyway, details or not details, this Radu's work is a pleasure for eyes like usual. I've always admired the way u create your cars, and they have always something's special, something's difficult to define technically, i think it's the true meaning of 3D art :)
I've to say also i really like how P.Benjamim check the models, his pickness is positive and very useful to test the model's accuracy , even if i think is really impossible to have a 100% accurate model without the original manufacturers draws with every single quote.
For what i've understood so far, the blueprints available for us are OK for the general shape, for big and middle sized details they're useful too but u need to ''improvise'' with your 3D eye too checking for references, for little details u've to trust your 3D eye and pics only, and this is the trick.

crappy laptop?!!?! how r u running all those polys on that crappy laptop? feels like you have a beefy laptop or your just very patient lol

Kangal

Hi Teo :)
Well, from people like u and Duron, i mean, top notch modelers, people expects the best, so please let me the freedom to do some little (very little indeed) remarks. Hopefully to do not bother u my friend.
In the attachment the green circles indicates little creases on the transitions nerve/flat surface. They're minimal and probabilly visible by some particular camera orientation only, but there are anyway.
The horizontal line indicates how the rear tire is frankly too wide even for a Black Serie.
The vertical lines indicate how the whole wheels go over the wheel arcs, and it's not a MB feature although Brabus or Black updated.

Attachments

raduteo

Super Moderator
Those pinches I'm afraid I can't do anything about, thats how I made the mesh one year ago. The rear tire is a a bit wider than the ones equipped on the Widestar.

The wheels have camber on them, they're not stock Mercedes hence Brabus in the name, it's a tuner car not a factory car.

Kangal

Yes mate, what i meant is , however they're cambered, the top side of the wheel shouldn't be over the wheel arc anyway. It's visible on the front wheels at the most. It's a thought of mine by the way, don't worry, it's a great work as usual :)
I ask sorry if i sound so picky.

raduteo

Super Moderator
Don't worry, you're not being picky, the car has alot more errors than the ones you pointed out. However, the tire cannot be over the wheel arc, it has a slight offset to make it wider stance which makes the tire stick out past the edge of the wheel arc, for that stanced look.

Duron

Super Moderator
Well i really like it :)

Overall a good project, and as yourself said, the car has some other issues too but too late to fix, so it's ok.

For the wide wheel track, i would suggest to move the wheels a bit back to the center. Keep the outest point of the tyre and fender at same width - this is the maximum of good looking wide wheel track. Everything above is like JDM style and will look bad on cars like a super car SLS. But still it's a personal taste - so ignore my opinion if this is your taste ;-)

Adn even it's not matter because you see only the front face, the brake caliper is way to thin. I know these calipers, i've seen them live and they're very, very, very fat. :) LINK

raduteo

Super Moderator
Depends on the camber of the tire, if the camber is large like in my case if i line up the outer most point of the tire (which would be the bottom) to the widest point of the wheel arch the top of the tire would be too inside, besides, I like the wide stance and I like to show the tire as much as possible.

The calipers I saw are a bit different than then ones you posted (I also saw them in person), I noticed there are quite afew variations on the calipers on the SLS and all it's iterations.

I'm so used to NURBS now it's hard for me to do anything in polys but I'll finish this one. :)

Duron

Super Moderator
Well as i said, it's personal taste :) But the calipers are still too thin believe me, i'm working with Mercedes (AMG) CAD data everyday ;)

raduteo

Super Moderator
Yes I know you are, I used to do the same before I decided to actually create the CAD data and have my work get in production, much more satisfying. :)