Mercedes SLS AMG Brabus

raduteo

Super Moderator
Decided to torture my laptop with some "light work" before I carry on with the Blackbird, SLS AMG Brabus, some parts of the Brabus body kit I deemed pointless and lack-taste. Sorry for the jumble of miss-matched screenshots, I'm a bit tired.

Next to come is the interior which is, thankfully, rather simple.

Thanks.

Attachments

another excellent project, i was recently going through your bentley thread trying to get some inspiration. I know this will be awesome keep it up man

raduteo

Super Moderator
Radu, do you think your laptop can do a clay with GI/AO render ? >D That would be amazing with doors open^^

Cheers,
exidge
Thanks Ex, I'll try however I want to finish all the modeling first, I do plan on doing some renders with the doors up since it's such a major feature of the car. :)

Nice scan data! Oh wait... Excellent as always :)
Thank you PBenjamin, when are we going to see another awesome project from you?

As far as progress goes, it's a tad slow but here's the door seal and additional Brabus paraphernalia.

Attachments

Kangal

Great modeling skills although i don't like heavy sport cars good to run along a straight line only. The perfection of your modeling is just outstanding thou, thanks for sharing with us :)

raduteo

Super Moderator
Too many tumbleweeds here, posting some older parts I did awhile back but didnt show, the steeringwheel is missing the stitching channel and other small details and the bump on the buttons is too big but anyway, here's nothing.

Kris: yes, it's all poly so far.

Attachments

PBenjamim

Man, so amazing! Maybe a few really small details aren't 100% correct but **** that this is mindblowing. May I ask why do you use zbrush for showing your model? Crappy computer, or...?

raduteo

Super Moderator
Man, so amazing! Maybe a few really small details aren't 100% correct but **** that this is mindblowing. May I ask why do you use zbrush for showing your model? Crappy computer, or...?
Crappy laptop and I like how Zbrush mats look. Can you point out the wrong bits?

Thanks.

PBenjamim

Made something quick, don't mind man i'm nitpicking here :D. If I look at mine it has way more mistakes haha, but I think it's good to watch our mistakes even if we don't correct them. It's good to practice our eye :) your job so far is awesome, best sls i've seen so far.

Attachments

PBenjamim

Yeh, the door curvature is definitely the biggest point. Can't check the light with such a reflective glass. http://www.roogio.com/images/MEC-Design-Mercedes-SLS-63-AMG-exterior-headlight-details.jpg There appears to be a small gap, that's what i was talking about. Not sure about the Brabus version, but on my roadster i gathered alot of headlight references and that's what it looks like to me. Anyway again, this is nitpicking! Yeh indeed, sometimes we just wanna move on and don't notice some small details like these, but for 99.9% of the people it will look like the real thing, I just knew a few weren't quite 100% cause i'm modeling it also. Anyway, keep working man, this is, and will definitely be even more awesome :)