McLaren F1 Resurrection!

Discussion in 'Car Discussion' started by Mozz, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mozz

Mozz Member

Business Student
    What's up guys!

Heard of this recently, McLaren are bringing back the F1. I don't know if you guys agree, but i believe its one of the all time loved cars, up there with most beloved cars; Supra, M3 and Skyline, just off the top of my head. It's always been my all time dream car, but i digress.

I'm not car savvy so i don't know much about specs and i ain't gonna pretend i do :confused: i just admire from a distance :D, but what do you guys think of this. They ain't really bringing anything back except the the F1 name and 3 seat layout. We wont be seeing a v12 engine but McLaren's own 3.8 v8, and the design ain't taking much from the old F1, but i guess that's understandable, they ain't living in the past. Like i said, i ain't car savvy so I don't know how this translates, comparing new technology with BMW's v12 from 1992 :D
    Personally, I hope they they have a crack at the top speed. It would be an amazing victory and an awesome way to honour the old F1!

View attachment 161822 View attachment 161823

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/20/mclaren-f1-sequel-three-seat-gt/
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-mclaren-f1

Images from autocar.co.uk above :)

2. helicase

helicase Well-Known Member

Concept pictures look cool reminds me of sabaman's work on the side and the front screams Porsche hyper car to me, and the back reminds me of like a la ferrari and aston martin tail light line

3. Tshikhudo

Tshikhudo Active Member

Mclaren issued a statement saying they don't plan on resurrecting it the F1 it's just rumors but personally I think should not because the new one most most likely ruin the legacy set by the old one