Marcos 1800 GT

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks to Prikye, feral1, alanguer & Silent][Moebius for your comments. Before going to some details, here's a test render with some mats. As usual, renders are done with YafRay.

PS : Remembering I've started to add details : I modelled a simple, old-looking tire, the same way I described in the tutorial I posted on my site. Almost not viewable with this lighting, will do better next time :)

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks brunoqs and Silent][Moebius for your comments.

brunoqs : are talking about every edge or just some ?

Silent : oh yes, I keep adding details, here come the sidemirrors.

New cam angle, some bugs to tweak : middle of the windshield, material on the headlights covers. If anyone see another one, please tell me !

Attachments

just some edges =], on the back hood and at the doors , but maybe its just coz i like edges over chanfereds =D. anyway GREAT modeling =] keep it up.

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks for comments !

brunoqs, it will be useful for me if you can check out the lines needing more chamfering in your opinion.

allowit, I agree with you : it should be better with an interior but the problem is I lack of good refpics (both int & ext, in facts) Only 2 in my hand, from a test in french magazin "Sport Auto" (issue of March 2006) If I can get any good set of refpics, I will give a try to an interior.

Silent][Moebius, I think you're right, I will try this way during my next work session.

Here's a side render with the latest updates.

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks Silent][Moebius for spending some time for me. I believe you when you say it's hard ;) But I did not understand what you mean with "sun roof". Can you explain it to a poor not-english-as-mother-tongue guy ?

Thanks Masakari987 and MARTS, yes I keep going. I played with YafRay and my scene setup to achieve some preliminary studio style. Here's what I got so far.

Attachments

this project is coming along very nicely :) the last render needs more light htough, so you can see all the details.

concerning the sun roof, it's a small rectangular opening in the roof of a car that can be opened. while i was looking for some ref pics, i stumbled across a picture that showed this car with such a sun roof, i haven't seen it on other models though.

Looks pretty good. I like the visual look to it, but Silent][Moebius is right, it does hide some of the details.
Those settings will look great for a final render. Although the edges of the chrome areas at the back of roof may need some more AA or something, as they look a little rough.

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks Silent][Moebius and Masakari987 for your comments.

About the sun roof (in french, "toit ouvrant", that is, "opening roof"), I think it's not stock. Very usual to add it, but disastrous for the value of a classic car.

About the too dark render, I agree with both of you. Here's a lighter render I've done yesterday.

About the chrome areas needing more AA, I agree it's not good looking right now but after looking closer to some refpics, I saw I need to remodel it : there is a chrome part on the main body, and another one fixed to the door. There is also some rubber I need to model.

Here's the lighter render : please tell me if you think it's lightened enough.

Attachments