Maintenance Break

Yeah I like that !! :grin::grin:, it's a great skin and it is better than the last.
It's really class (carbon effect , the black window, the new logo and the prety beetle:grin:).
I say again it's very nice.
Thanks a lot for this skin.

+Will

(Inspired by the CGcars forum?)

Nice.
The black theme looks good. However, there are few things that don't really fit in...

- "My signature" stuff sux... IMO :/ Regular "_________________________" was good enough
- Smilies should be improved
- Header, maybe, could be better, with different view of VW Bug
- Stars for show online/offline ... blah :)

I think it'll be hard to forget previous site... Well, if you don't have the same opinion as I do, you can ignore me :)

Agree full heartedly actually. The top image however as Flash said is changeable. But the rest does need to be changed.

All I can say is Wow. I thought I visited the wrong website for a second. The new skin and logo look awesome. I can't wait to see what other changes they got comin'. :grin:

Yeah I like that !! :grin::grin:, it's a great skin and it is better than the last.
It's really class (carbon effect , the black window, the new logo and the prety beetle:grin:).

+Will

Actually SMC's original colors were darkgrey and lightgrey. We wanted to have those colors in this skin :)

+Will

Thanks, well we did like CGcars but actually this was a collaboration of ideas we gave our hired skinner. I can see the similarities however hehe. But no that was not our intention.

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Thanks, well we did like CGcars but actually this was a collaboration of ideas we gave our hired skinner. I can see the similarities however hehe. But no that was not our intention.

Hired skinner?

Does that mean you won't be taking donations if someone wanted to say... update these emots that have been built for light backgrounds, and now all have edge artifacts on them?

*edit*

Hehe there are new smilies coming ;)
**guess that answers that question**

but anyway, my one critique over the new design, which hasn't (to my knowledge) been mentioned already is that there isn't enough difference between these two images:

(No New Posts)

(New Posts)

*yet another edit*

OH yeah, one more thing... Our Auto-LogOut time is only 20 minutes? Although it would potentially bloat the number of people appearing to be logged in at once, I think perhaps 1 hour might be better.... So many times I get side-tracked and then glance back here, and all the posts I was going to read are now marked read, since I was logged out and back in again. Would happen much less often if an extra 40 minutes were added to that time. Just some more food for thought

wow swell change, i was wondering how long it would take, but am really positively surprised at how well this turned out :) i really liek the dark background, very easy on the eyes

some things need to be adjusted of course. but i'm sure you guys will handle it well ;)

EDIT

oh wow, when did i end up being a VIP?? 8o :grin:

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
I really like the design but cant find that "mark all forums readed" -button. Or am I just blind as usually? :grin:

That button's up at the top of the page, under |Quick Links
|

Once you click that, then a drop-down menu shows up and you click "Mark Forums Read"

on a side note, how come the site no longer marks a thread/post as being read once you view it, like it used to? o_O