Lowpoly Car Contest - Opel Ascona B - Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigga

Re: Lowpoly Car Contest - Opel Ascona B - Modelling done!

Texture of the wheel is done and most of the car is mapped already. Only some minor stuff like the mirrors and the exhaust left. After that the texturing really begins. :)

[/B]

Tigga

Well... not much, but I was lazy.

I just did those lampcovers and the doorlines today.

Tigga

A small update.

I added some lighting on the texture on the front bumper and I modelled the intake there, pushing the polycount to 4572. Also I worked a bit on the rearlight texture. Looks better now. :)

Is even anyone still interested by this? :|

Surely somebody is still interested on this ;) .

Nice work on this car man, looks really smooth and it's even under 5000 polies, also the textures work looks great. My only crit are the backlights texture. It doesn't look much realistic; seems that you made them on photoshop :p , IMO some photorealistic textures would fit this car better. Keep working dude.

me is intrested in this yeah!!

sorry that i never post i cant get the change whit the smc forum not working for me so much but whel here il say it: good job and keep it up!

Nice job Tigga!Really nice...May I ask you?Do you have Brpints for this car?And if you have can you donate it?

Tigga

Static_X said:
Nice job Tigga!Really nice...May I ask you?Do you have Brpints for this car?And if you have can you donate it?
I modelled it basically on these tracings here, but since I'm doing a coupe I just used them for the front and rear and did the side with the refpics i found:
http://www.smcars.net/forums/index.php?topic=11170.0

here are some refpics:
http://www.opel-hecktriebler-forum....a / Manta&subkat_name=Ascona B&kat_order_id=1

but if i where u i would w8 some days becose i gave him a pm if he could make blueprints of his car and he said he would do it when the textures and the rest is completed

Tigga

I did some more work on the texture.

Now there is the Ascona sign and the lock of the trunk on the rear and I added some highlights on the roof and hood.

And I made a paintjob, I was bored :D

/edit: Also, I made some slight modifications to the shape after I spoke with someone who knows a bit more about the real car. The front end is straighter and the wheelarches were changed slightly.

If anyone is interested here is the texture for the body as it is so far.

I can only say one thing about your project: WOW!

Now, I LOVED your work! Why? 2 VERY important reasons:
a) I'm a car modeller myself... Work with 3ds max... Will show you my work too ;)

b) I'm OBSESSED with Ascona & Manta! I also saw your mattig manta work in progress. KILLER dude!

Now, here's a couple of cool things for ya:

a) the ascona of a friend of mine... reminds you of something?

b) My very own ascona - before and after restoration/rebuild project

another couple of pics:

and hey, that's me next to my car:

so, I've got THOUSANDS of Manta & Ascona pictures, if you need anything, any kind of certain perspective or whatever, I can shoot a pic in seconds and upload it. Manta? I'm in an opel-club, we've done loads of meetings, I've got manta pics too from our members and not only...

I am also working on an ascona-3d project, it's going very slowly, but now you've lighten up the spark for it, I'll go on with it straight away!

You can see my porsche carrera gt 3d project here: Dimitrios Petrakis - 3D Artist

Your projects are the reason why I joined your forum and I am going to be visiting you guys pretty frequently! See you around!

Dimitris

Status
Not open for further replies.