Lowpoly Car Contest: '76 Olds Cutlass Supreme: got converted to MBWR!

Re: Lowpoly Car Contest: '76 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

maybe show us a wire so we can see if there are any spots where you can save some polys.. Or just make a black plane and a seat silluete(spelling :|) and make the windows transparent that should go in under 600 polys ;)

Well, here we go folks, it's almost done! Credits to energy drinks.  :mrgreen:

Wheels may change and the mirror is temporary (it's from my other project).
No interior though, only a GT-like-dummy. 4919 triangles total.

GT style interior, NFSU just copied that :p

Anyway, this is so freaking nice 8o Great work!

wow, superb job there
only thing i can crit is the material of the hood, i dont like it, it is grainy

revelli said:
wow, superb job there
only thing i can crit is the material of the hood, i dont like it, it is grainy
It must be gif aftermath, it isn't like that in 3d. ;)

Well, me has finished! You may hear about it in the future though, looks like it's going to take place in GTA SA. ;)

Attachments

o_O Now I wet my pants

Looking forward to have it in GTASA. Are you gonna convert it to SA yourself then?

FlashG said:
o_O Now I wet my pants
Why? Is it so scary :D

FlashG said:
Looking forward to have it in GTASA. Are you gonna convert it to SA yourself then?
Most probably, no ;)

P.S: Next time i'll choose less boxy car to model for sure, modelling this kind of coffin when most people have chosen fairy curvy cars looks like a bit like cheating. :|

It's scary because it looks gorgeous! :D

Don't worry when this Lowpoly Contest is over, we could start another one where car should be from 60's or older :D And has to have curves on it :grin:

I love scary cars :grin: And I'm definitely in on the next contest, I wanna learn low poly too :p

FlashG said:
Don't worry when this Lowpoly Contest is over, we could start another one where car should be from 60's or older :D And has to have curves on it :grin:
Great idea! You can count me in right now :mrgreen:

Actually this contest was really useful, me finally learned texturing in Zmodeler and making that kind of bodylines. :D

Well now that I know you texture in Zmod I have to ask you...how the hell are your textures never pixellated? Are they just high res? My Lancia texture that I have done so far is 938 X 938, and it looks like this...

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur

SSJ3_Vegeta said:
Well now that I know you texture in Zmod I have to ask you...how the hell are your textures never pixellated? Are they just high res? My Lancia texture that I have done so far is 938 X 938, and it looks like this...
if you have a single, straight doorline in a texture, and map each face edge to that doorline in the texture, while making sure the faces are exactly the right size so the doorlines are in proportion, you will only need a couple of pixels for the whole car's bodylines, rather than the whole kit'n caboodle, how you say...

looks like that *could* be what he's using, either that or the car's bodylines are so straight, you don't notice any curves getting pixelated hehehehh

Actually Multi's right. It usually looks like this:

BUT on this LP thing i couldn't model bodylines, so it's done like this. Bodylines map took a large place on my 512x512 map, while on VW's map it only required a couple of pixels. And it's pixelated on some places aswell. :roll:

But for the justice, the common squareness of the car i've chosen did me a favour. :mrgreen:

@SSJ3: Press the square in the lefttop of the UserView (or 3D, whatever you use), Settings -> Textures -> Smooth Textures. Could be your problem ;)

Thanks for this model.Still a lot to do (body lines,new handling)

Yep, I'm bad driver :D