Lowpoly Car Contest: '76 Olds Cutlass Supreme: got converted to MBWR!

I already love the contest, such a new experience.

M'kay, here's mine :mrgreen:
Looks scary as hell so far (yes i know it)but i'm trying to keep it ...humm...less scary???
Anyway, enjoy :D

Not sure if it's gonna obtain any interior though, i still spend a lot of polys. :|

Re: Lowpoly Car Contest: '76 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Looks good indeed! I hope to see interior too :D You don't need to spend lots of polies there. You can set windows bit darker so the details wouldn't show too well :)

FlashG said:
Looks good indeed! I hope to see interior too :D You don't need to spend lots of polies there. You can set windows bit darker so the details wouldn't show too well :)
I may do the "NFS-U" kind of interior, so just a dummy instead of interior. ;)

Wery early wannabe-texture +i've cut some polys from the front bumper.

NFSU interior will be just fine :) Fr. bumper still looks nice even it doesn't have that many polies :D

hmm i think i could suggest a section where you could cut down poly numbers slightly if you wished to.

since i don't know what it's called i think i'll just describe ^_^ go from the headlights to the left around the front corner of the car and exactly there, i think you could delete one row of polys if you wanted too.

cya Silent

OMG GRUNGY!! If you have a 5k limit, you DON'T spend 40 faces on the wheelwells!! :p

Other than that, looks nice :D

KvH-DeSiGn said:
nice one :) i like it :)

mayby i have to ad me in the competition  ;)
Join in, you have chances to win ;)

OMG GRUNGY!! If you have a 5k limit, you DON'T spend 40 faces on the wheelwells!!
if only you could see my grid :grin: ..

revelli said:
i cant believe, that this car could have so muich polies
believe your eyes, i'm going to give it 2K more :D Actually, the problem is that i made some trims as polygon rows again (even though the bodylines will be textured).

@Silent][Moebius: I got the idea, thanks ;) but there's a curve on a real car there.
Made a lp wheel, a bit square, but a 512x512 map kinda saves it. The rim is not final though, i want a better texture.

As for the body, well, looks like i'm going to tweak it heavily tonite since it still looks a bit fugly :roll:

KvH-DeSiGn said:
nice rims:) and nice model offcourse ;)
Tks mate :) Rims may change though, they look too much like muscle car ones (while the Cutlass Supreme is more a personal luxury i think).

Getting there! :grin:

Bumpers are missing since i haven't made normals yet.

Still have no idea about how to texture this pos.

FlashG said:
You're getting there nicely mate. 2116 polies only from you, wow! :grin:
Got bumpers and it's 2814 already (and i haven't even tried to attach wheels, which are about 300 polys for each
)

With wheels and bumpers it reached 4414 o_O