Low poly car contest

As title says. Since I didn't have time to take part to that other low poly contest I thought that we could have one here :)

::RULES::
Polylimit: 5000 polies(triangle) with wheels and other stuff and textured also
Car: Your choice (Old models are not accepted)
Textures: Max resolution 1024x1024, multiple textures allowed (also reflection map, diffuse color (the texture itself), reflectivity map, bump map, normal map, specular map, gloss map, opacity map and self illumination map)

No matter what program you use.

So if there will be enough people to take a part let's start to build cars :) Let's gather competitors here first before we start to post stuff. And post to WIP section with title Low Poly Car Contest: BMW M3 e30 (for example)

FlashG said:
OMG 5K with interior and all??? 8o
And what is meant with "old models", ones that were made before contest was dropped or what?

Thinking about joining, but i think i'll suck with such limit (no, i'm almost sure i will in fact :mrgreen:).

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Grungy Harry said:
FlashG said:
OMG 5K with interior and all??? 8o
And what is meant with "old models", ones that were made before contest was dropped or what?

Thinking about joining, but i think i'll suck with such limit (no, i'm almost sure i will in fact :mrgreen:).
just remind yourself that gran turimso 4 cars average in at around 5000 to 6000 faces, so a decent looking model shouldn't be out of reach :D

I might join, but that depends on the end date... anyone have an idea when that would be?

I thought something about 3/3/2006 or later for end date. :)

5k isn't unpossible. Just give it a try ;) And yes the model has to be new which you haven't build already. If you have one builded before this contest it's not accepted :grin:

FlashG said:

5k isn't unpossible. Just give it a try ;) And yes the model has to be new which you haven't build already. If you have one builded before this contest it's not accepted  :grin:
Well, i've never made anything less than 7K (yes, even those atrocities i posted in Noob cars thread). I'll model something really boxy for sure. :D

Humm, so the deadline set is March 3, 2K6?? I'm surely in then.

This one, maybe? Looks boxy enough to me :mrgreen:

I'm in with a '76 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

f50

might give this contest a try. never really modeled with a poly limit before.
any limitation on texture sizes or number of them used?

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Grungy Harry said:
FlashG said:

5k isn't unpossible. Just give it a try ;) And yes the model has to be new which you haven't build already. If you have one builded before this contest it's not accepted :grin:
Well, i've never made anything less than 7K (yes, even those atrocities i posted in Noob cars thread). I'll model something really boxy for sure. :D

Humm, so the deadline set is March 3, 2K6?? I'm surely in then.

This one, maybe? Looks boxy enough to me :mrgreen:
-1976 oldsmobile cutlass picture-
wait, you have prints for that thing? where are they!? :eek: cars like this really interest me.. I like every day cars of the late 60's through current time like this, but haven't been able to find that many blueprints for it...

or are you just modeling it based off of the reference pictures you can find?

multimediaman said:
Grungy Harry said:
-1976 oldsmobile cutlass picture- :mrgreen:
wait, you have prints for that thing?  where are they!? :eek:  cars like this really interest me.. I like every day cars of the late 60's through current time like this, but haven't been able to find that many blueprints for it...

or are you just modeling it based off of the reference pictures you can find?
I have a poor freeware mesh only (it's extremely messed up, BUT has good proportions), i'm going to use it as a reference for proportions to model mine (plus ref pics aswell). ;) I can send you the final model when it's done for making a bp out of it, is this OK? :)

It definitely would be great to have prints from a car like that.

I should be able to start mine tonite. If everything goes well that is :)

Hi all ;-)

I'm good at low polygones, but wich parts of car should I made? Body,Wheels (ofcourse) and interior?

Greet, Max.

As long as it's a car, I think ;)
So body, wheels.. Interior could be done with textures on the windows, LOL :mrgreen:
Wait, wheels can be textured on too :D

But best would be a full car, ofcourse :roll: Body, wheels, interior, exhaust, etc..